Bluetooth not working (possibly have the wrong driver installed somehow?)

Spootin23
Spootin23 Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
The other day I was in the middle of playing a game using a Bluetooth controller, and in the middle of my game the controller stopped working. Somehow my drivers had just completely disappeared. After updating everything through windows with no luck I downloaded the bluetooth drivers from the acer website. Since then when I try to add any bluetooth device, the device will show up in the "add bluetooth or other devices" window, but will not connect. It gives me an error saying to try again. I went into device manager under the bluetooth tab and on of the four options show "bluetooth usb module" which sounds really strange since my computer has internal bluetooth. When I try to delete my drivers and reinstall them, i have no problem with the atheros driver, but when i try to download the intel driver i get an error saying i cant downgrade to an older version of the driver, which again must be wrong because im getting my drivers from the acer website. SOMEONE HELP ME!!! Seriously tho if anyone can help me I would be incredibly grateful, ive spent too many hours trying to fix this, and I think im going crazy. 

Answers