Nitro AN515-31 usb stopped working, cant boot from usb

Options
n0is3r
n0is3r Member Posts: 34 Troubleshooter
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
Hello, i have a problem few days ago  my laptop Nitro AN515-31  NH.Q2XEX.003 U usb ports stopped working , i tried everyting bios (version v1.21), cant boot from usb, in device manager i see xhci controller error code 10. i tried system restore, fresh install downloaded from microsoft ,mounted to virtual drive, but nothing.  Some ideas? Thanks :)

Comments

• Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Hello! Have you tried reinstalling windows by pressing alt + f10 before the Acer logo?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • n0is3r
    Options
    yes i tried but nothing happens windows is loading...
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    OK! Unplug the pendrive and try the procedure again as this video:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IFuWwuc2oH4
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • n0is3r
    Options
    nothing :) windows starts normally i tried with another hard disk put bios in legacy mode, or uefi disabled secure boot, with usb dvdrom or flash disk no boot device detected.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    OK! Can you copy and paste the idhardware from the usb device?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• n0is3r
    edited March 2019
    Options
    yes there is just USB xHCI Compliant Host Controller.(*windows 10 language is in hungarian.) but driver not updated at all.

• Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Even so, copy and paste the idhardware of this device with an exclamation point!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• n0is3r
    Options
    hw id: PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_9D2F&SUBSYS_12201025&REV_21
    PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_9D2F&SUBSYS_12201025
    PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_9D2F&CC_0C0330
    PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_9D2F&CC_0C03

events: Device PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_9D2F&SUBSYS_12201025&REV_21\3&11583659&0&A0 was configured.

Driver Name: usbxhci.inf
    Class Guid: {36fc9e60-c465-11cf-8056-444553540000}
    Driver Date: 09/14/2018
    Driver Version: 10.0.17763.1
    Driver Provider: Microsoft
    Driver Section: Generic.Install.NT
    Driver Rank: 0x802005
    Matching Device Id: PCI\CC_0C0330
    Outranked Drivers: 
    Device Updated: false
    Parent Device: ACPI\PNP0A08\0

Device PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_9D2F&SUBSYS_12201025&REV_21\3&11583659&0&A0 had a problem starting.

Driver Name: usbxhci.inf
    Class Guid: {36fc9e60-c465-11cf-8056-444553540000}
    Service: USBXHCI
    Lower Filters: 
    Upper Filters: 
    Problem: 0xA
    Problem Status: 0xC0000001

• Commodore_1995#
    Options

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• n0is3r
    edited March 2019
    Options
    not compatible, tried update driver and browse but nothing. :anguished: i tried 1 week everything 2 ms10 install put drivers from acer website etc., if i had  advanced bios settings with xhci mode, but there is not, i thing there is a problem with the bios, or motherboard.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    OK! Try installing this program: http://dl.drp.su/17-online/DriverPack-17-Online.exe
    There is no virus, but I recommend you uncheck these programs:

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• n0is3r
    Options
    ok,i tried, drivers updated,  USB xHCI Compliant Host Controller not. No usb2, usb3, type c not working.
  • JordanB
    JordanB ACE Posts: 3,729 Pathfinder
    Options
    I'm not an Acer employee.
  • n0is3r
    Options
    thanks, i tried battery reset yesterday and now without success. 
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Have you tried reinstalling windows by pressing alt + f10 before the Acer logo? In addition, your notebook has the mx150 video card and the bios version 1.21 is exclusive to the mx130 video card. Did this issue come up before the bios update?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• n0is3r
    Options
    no, i bought acer nitro in september, and then updated bios with the new bios version, installed drivers etc, it worked fine before now two weeks  when usb mouse stopped working, rebooted and after that usb ports not working at all.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Try reinstalling windows 10 as I said earlier!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• n0is3r
    Options
    alt+f10, fn+f10 dont work. reinstalled hold down at restart the shift button and there deleted personal files drivers etc, problem not solved, usb ports not working. 
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Can you tell the idhardware from the usb port?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• n0is3r
    Options
     like it was before PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_9D2F&SUBSYS_12201025&REV_21
    PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_9D2F&SUBSYS_12201025
    PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_9D2F&CC_0C0330
    PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_9D2F&CC_0C03
    This device cannot start. (Code 10)

{Operation Failed}
    The requested operation was unsuccessful.