PLEASE HELP - windows 7 will not boot on a uefi system - nitro 5

Options
Popy
Popy Member Posts: 24 Networker
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
Okay ima back but i realllllly need help. Im trying to install windows 7 on my nitro 5, nitro 5 doesnt have legacy boot, and so im trying to lanuch windows 7 in uefi mode. It came preinstalled with windows 10. Ive done countless windows 7 usb preloaded iso, using rufus, extracting the disk iso to the usb.

So before i had tried to boot it with another iso, i think its an old one i had from YEARS ago, and when i booted it to my nitro 5, it would say starting windows, and the orbs would freeze and would not load. So now i got a new key and downloaded a much newer iso, but now when ever i head to starting windows screen the screen makes some wired pixel things infact ill put picture in, and does everytime i boot.

Plus ive tried changing most of the bios settings, this hasnt done anything but sometimes got the orbs nearly into place when it makes the windows logo. Safe boot and safe boot and networking always gets stuck on a thing disk.syl or something, but when i switched around with bios settings another piece of code witch i forget came back up

Im installing this on a clean hardrive, well the tobshiba one that came with the nitro 5, and its gtp partition.
The tutorials ive tried using https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7IxUprqB2PM

Ill do anything, paypal rewards, unless its against the rules, anything.

Answers

• Popy
    edited March 2019
    Options
    Tried countless amounts of times to get this os to run, right usb format, done it as uefi install, right hard drive type, still nothing, When ever i get to the windows starting scream it always just freerzes on some gloring orbs.

• Popy
    Options
    Im not trying to dual bot im trying to clean install
  • ven98
    ven98 ACE Posts: 4,073 Pathfinder
    Options
    Make sure that you use the 64bit version of windows 7, as this is the one that works on uefi. x86 won't work.
    Always post the following characterisitcs of the device:
    -Model number
    -Part number(not required, but helpful)
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

• JordanB
    JordanB ACE Posts: 3,729 Pathfinder
    Options
    ven98 said:
    Make sure that you use the 64bit version of windows 7, as this is the one that works on uefi. x86 won't work.
    @ven98

The video below describes what happens when you try to boot a Windows 7 disc in UEFI mode (secure boot disabled).  It boots fine and loads the files, but it hangs at "Starting Windows".  I can't get it to work on my Windows 8.1 desktop either.  I'm using Windows 7 Pro 64 bit SP1 DVD.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LkY7Zu9B6JY

@Popy

I gave up.  I just use Hyper-V or Virtual Box.  Good luck.  Maybe @ven98 will figure it out.
    I'm not an Acer employee.
  • Popy
    Options
    Think i may have figured the issue. The gen of my processor is intel 8th gen and thats not ment to work, however, i fallowed a tutorial on how to get windows 7 to work with a 8th gen processor and it still wont work
  • Popy
    Options
    If theirs any guides or anyone here who knows or has please tell me, im willing to go forth with paypal rewards if someone can.
  • JordanB
    JordanB ACE Posts: 3,729 Pathfinder
    edited April 2019
    Options
    Popy said:
    Think i may have figured the issue. The gen of my processor is intel 8th gen and thats not ment to work, however, i fallowed a tutorial on how to get windows 7 to work with a 8th gen processor and it still wont work
    That's only part of the issue.  The other issue(s) is spelled out in comment sections, comment and links below.

http://reboot.pro/topic/21108-install-windows-7-at-uefi-graphics-output-protocol-gop-hardware/

https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/askcore/2011/05/31/installing-windows-7-on-uefi-based-computer/

https://www.zdnet.com/article/intel-were-ending-all-legacy-bios-support-by-2020/

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Options
    windows 7 has no official drivers support on your model and probably your laptop BIOS lack the Legacy option, so installing windows 7 is a no way.
    please post your complete laptop model.
  • Popy
    Options
    Nitro 5 with gtx 1050 none ti and cpu is i5 8300k something
    Windows 7 is compatible with uefi mode, and i used a software called ntlite and added the cpu drivers to it so it would work with 8th gen cpus

• Popy
    Options

Im trying to install windows 7, however it never gets past the part where it says starting windows, sometimes the orbs come togther, sometimes they dont.

The laptop is an uefi only computer, and doesnt support legacy boot. When ever you try to pick legacy under the boot options, all that comes up is uefi, thats it.

Im trying to install this on my nitro 5 gaming laptop (if anyone elase has managed to install the os on the same laptop PLEASE show me, ill pay if you will show me) The pc has an i5 cpu witch is 8th gen processor. Know i know that microsoft has said that they have droped all support for the os on this cpu series, how ever, people have said they have managed to install the os with no isssue with the same generation, and i have been watching this guide and adding these drivers to the isso and replaceing the install .wim file and boot.wim folder.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XTUkrQ3ITUU

How ever the guide never works.

So their is most likeley another issue witch involves coding.

http://reboot.pro/topic/21108-install-windows-7-at-uefi-graphics-output-protocol-gop-hardware/ This is an fourm witch i got from the acer fourms, witch says i need to get rid of the vga.sys file, witch when ever i searched a bootable usb it never comes up.

So it requires me to put in this code im gusseing in command promt

(echo list disk
    echo select disk N
    echo clean
    echo convert gpt
    echo create partition efi size=100
    echo format quick fs=fat32 label="System"
    echo assign letter="S"
    echo create partition primary
    echo format quick fs=ntfs label="Windows"
    echo assign letter="W"
    echo exit ) | diskpart.exe

DISM.exe /Apply-Image /ImageFile:D:\W7_x64\sources\install.wim /Index:2 /ApplyDir:W:\
    BCDboot.exe W:\Windows /s S:

rem disable vga.sys 640x480 16 colors
    ren W:\windows\system32\drivers\vga.sys *.off
    set Services=HKLM\loaded_SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Services
    reg.exe load HKLM\loaded_SYSTEM W:\Windows\system32\config\system
    reg.exe add "%Services%\Vga" /f /t REG_DWORD /v "Start" /d 4
    reg.exe add "%Services%\VgaSave" /f /t REG_DWORD /v "Start" /d 4
    reg.exe unload HKLM\loaded_SYSTEM

rem disable vgapnp.sys : novesa on
    bcdedit.exe /store S:\efi\Microsoft\boot\bcd /set {default} bootlog yes
    bcdedit.exe /store S:\efi\Microsoft\boot\bcd /set {default} bootstatuspolicy IgnoreAllFailures
    bcdedit.exe /store S:\efi\Microsoft\boot\bcd /set {default} novesa on
    bcdedit.exe /store S:\efi\Microsoft\boot\bcd /set {default} quietboot on

rem include graphics driver
    Dism.exe /Image:W:\ /Add-Driver /Driver:D:\Drivers\C8HM70\Intel_Graphics\x64\Graphics\igdlh64.inf

Now the first part i can kind of understand, you just put the letters as the letter that is your usb, put the rest of it im clueless about. Where the directories go and stuff.

Also, it as been said that for windows 7 to boot and get past the starting windows screen you need to disable protocall to vga legacy. Witch i have no clue to do, and have done countless amount of searches on the web for.

If someone can solve the issue, ill personally pay you, ive been trying to get this to work for nearly a mounth.

• MaClane
    MaClane ACE Posts: 35,598 Trailblazer
    Options
    Good Morning !

Let's take the process in parts.
    First the ISO should be an x64 version with SP1 included and should contain exclusively a single version.
    ISO's multi-versions do not work.

It can not be this way:

httpsusv-cdnnet6029997uploadseditorbofz117o0hw2mopng
    It has to look like this:

httpsusv-cdnnet6029997uploadseditorxod9obz1jelur7jpg
    The pendrive must be created for UEFi mode in Rufus.
    Bios must be set to UEFi and SecureBoot disabled.
    The HD must be converted to GPT.
    Only use a USB 2.0 port.

Se minha resposta foi útil, deixe um Curtir, marque como Solucionado e clique em Promover!
    Caso contrario, fico a disposição para tentarmos sanar suas duvidas e resolver seus problemas!
    Atenciosamente:  J. MaClane™

If my answer was helpful, leave a Like, flag as Fixed and click Promote!
    Otherwise, I am willing to try to heal your doubts and solve your problems!
    Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

For users of the English, Spanish, French and German Community, I will be using Google Translate!

• Popy
    Options
    Tried Multiplie Isos and none worked, and did everything above.
  • Popy
    Options
    MaClane said:
    Good Morning !

Let's take the process in parts.
    First the ISO should be an x64 version with SP1 included and should contain exclusively a single version.
    ISO's multi-versions do not work.

It can not be this way:

httpsusv-cdnnet6029997uploadseditorbofz117o0hw2mopng
    It has to look like this:

The pendrive must be created for UEFi mode in Rufus.
    Bios must be set to UEFi and SecureBoot disabled.
    The HD must be converted to GPT.
    Only use a USB 2.0 port.

Sorry about the late reply, but 7 is installed on my nitro 5 now. You had to install the os using dism and add a custom uhd 630 driver that was compatibility with qindoqs 7. Also legacy vga and vga.sys must be disabled and deleted