SCREEN STUCK

andreac48
andreac48 Member Posts: 1 New User
edited March 18 in 2019 Archives
HELLO , I HAVE THE ACER ICONIA A1 - 810 WHEN YOU TURN IT ON ITS STUCK ON THE GREEN ANDROID FIGURE AND IT SAYS ERASING THIS HAS BEEN GOING ON LIKE THIS FOR MONTHS HOW CAN I FIX THIS , THANKS

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,700 Trailblazer
    There are a couple of ways these tablets can get into that state. Usually it's a corrupted profile, it's trying to load Android, but failing early in the process. The solution that seems to work the best is to do a reset, you use the power and volume keys together to start in diagnostic mode, then select a factory reset. Note that this will wipe anything that's on the tablet, so you should make sure everything is backed up. If that doesn't help the corruption is more likely to be in the OS itself instead of in your profile. That can usually be fixed by reinstalling the current version over itself. Just download the OS from the Acer support site, of if it's one of the models where they don't have it online, getting it from Acer support, and install it as the instructions say.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • christy1
    christy1 Member Posts: 1,619 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    Hi @andreac48,

Try to do a reset with volume up and power button or with volume down and power button. this will delete all the info on the tab. hope it will fix it. 

Accept if its Helpful.   B)