Nitro 5 AN515-53 - 2 external monitors with USB C / A to VGA

jose_beltranjose_beltran Member Posts: 7

Tinkerer

Hey guys,

As all of you know, the Nitro 5 comes with 1 HDMI output and no VGA. I previously had a HP G7 which had VGA + HDMI output so I was able to connect 2 monitors at the same time, so with the built-in display, I had 3 working displays simultaneously. In my setup I have to monitors and in the middle I place my laptop. My question is if someone has ever connect an external monitor through USB C video adapters in the Nitro 5, because I've read online and some people were having trouble trying to do it. I need another video output other than the HDMI port because that one is already used by one monitor. I've read also that there are some USB A 3.0 to VGA adapters, does anyone know if this would work to another outpout for the Nitro 5.

convertidor usb 31 tipo c a vga convertidor de cable adapta

This USB C to VGA is the one I'm planning on buying but not quite sure that it will work with the Nitro 5 USB C port, as not all ports can carry video.

Lastly, this is USB A to VGA is my backup because I think that is likely to work with the laptop as it is a very old port and by nowadays, most of them should be the same. On the countrary, USB C is a new port that still differs very much on applications and manufacturing.

Thank you very much and any advice is greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,

Jose

FAQ & Answers

• laurent_14laurent_14 ACE Posts: 9,887 Trailblazer
    edited March 2019
    Hello,
    About the USB-C port, it doesn't support DP (no video/sound signal) so it won't work:

France
  • jose_beltranjose_beltran Member Posts: 7

Tinkerer

Hello,
    About the USB-C port, it doesn't support DP (no video/sound signal) so it won't work:

Ohh thanks for the info, and you know something about the USB A to VGA adapter?
  • muk199muk199 Member Posts: 10

Tinkerer

Hello,

Ohh thanks for the info, and you know something about the USB A to VGA adapter?
    What did you ended up doing?