XV273KP

BPW29
BPW29 Member Posts: 3 New User
edited February 16 in 2019 Archives
Today i purchased a new XV273KP monitor. Following 'installation', it worked fine. After approximately 15 minutes of use (after quitting Battlefront 2 and re-entering Windows), vertical green lines filled exactly the right half of the monitor, making it un-usable. I diagnosed and confirm:

a) everything works fine on my older 1080p - 120Hz monitor
b) everything works using all connections at </ 60Hz. If anything is taken above 60Hz, i get the bars.
c) the higher the refresh rate (i.e: 144Hz vs. 120Hz), the green line quantity is greater.
d) i have tried using singular and both DP connectors at the same time, and have tried alternate cables apart from the new ones

Can someone please provide some assistance as to what is happening here? I have attached some pictures below for reference.
Thankyou
Brendan

Answers

• Have you already tested the monitor with another cable and another computer to make sure the problem occurs again or not? if it does, I suggest you change the monitor! If the problem occurs on another computer, I suspect that there may be a problem with the flat cable that transmits the image to the monitor, or on the display itself!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • BPW29
    Hey. Thanks for the response.

The problem doesnt occur on the older monitor though using the same cables and GPU, at the same refresh rate.  I have also tried a 3rd cable and there is no difference.

I will take the monitor back, but they first say i have to diagnose with Asus to determine if it is faulty or not. This monitor worked for 15 minutes when i first plugged it in, so its very strange. Any monitor firmware/drivers i should be trying apart from the 2018 one on their website?
  • Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 98,203 Trailblazer
    edited March 2019
    Acer does not provide monitor firmware on the site! When I referred to flat cable, I referred to the internal cable of the monitor that transmits the image to the display! I think the best option would be to opt for the monitor exchange for another!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • BPW29
    Thankyou egy. It seems i am returning the monitor. What a shame...
  • When you've changed your monitor, report it here again!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer