PLEASE HELP- legacy boot option will not apear

Options
Popy
Popy Member Posts: 24 Networker
edited April 12 in 2019 Archives
Im trying to install windows 7 on my nitro 5 after i came across issues with windows 10. However windows 7 will only work on legacy boot mode, but i am only given the option to pick is uefi and thats the only thing their. I have secure boot off, i have a password, done everything, and still cant find a way to get legacy boot on.

Comments

• Popy
    Options
    Im trying to install windows 7 on my nitro 5 after i came across issues with windows 10. However windows 7 will only work on legacy boot mode, but i am only given the option to pick is uefi and thats the only thing their. I have secure boot off, i have a password, done everything, and still cant find a way to get legacy boot on.
  • ven98
    ven98 ACE Posts: 4,073 Pathfinder
    Options
    You should be able to install 64bit windows(if it is x86, it won't work) under UEFI. Make sure the USB pendrive is FAT32 formatted and partition scheme set to GPT. You can use Rufus for that.
    Always post the following characterisitcs of the device:
    -Model number
    -Part number(not required, but helpful)
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

• Popy
    Options
    its 32 fat, and i already install it on my other computer witch was dell. It alowed me to pick legacy.
    But everything you said was correct, i need a way to get legacy boot to apear as the only that that comes up is uefi.
  • Popy
    Options
  • MaClane
    MaClane ACE Posts: 35,598 Trailblazer
    edited March 2019
    Options
    Good Morning Popy !

First activate the superuser password to gain access to certain Bios settings.
    Anyway, not everyone has Legacy option.
    But it is perfectly possible to install Windows 7 in UEFi.
    For this you should know that:

1- The ISO used must contain only and exclusively an x64 version of Windows 7 (Ultimate, Professional or HOme Premium), and can not be multiversions.
    As SP1 must be included.
    2- You should use a USB 2.0 port only.
    3- Bios must be disabled with SecureBoot and set to UEFi mode.
    4 - The interface pendrive must be created for GPT formatted UEFi mode.
    5- The HD must be in GPT format.

Se minha resposta foi útil, deixe um Curtir, marque como Solucionado e clique em Promover!
    Caso contrario, fico a disposição para tentarmos sanar suas duvidas e resolver seus problemas!
    Atenciosamente:  J. MaClane™

If my answer was helpful, leave a Like, flag as Fixed and click Promote!
    Otherwise, I am willing to try to heal your doubts and solve your problems!
    Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

For users of the English, Spanish, French and German Community, I will be using Google Translate!

• Popy
    edited March 2019
    Options
    1 yep im using windows ultimate and its for 64 bit os. Also are you saying the os cant be sp1, because thats what i have.
    2 did that
    3 did that too
    4 uhhh what you mean?
    5 yep its in gpt mode.
    I have windows 7 install on the hard drive, how ever i did that using a dell laptop witch had the option to enable legacy boot, but when ever i put it on my nitro 5 it always keeps getting to "starting windows" then just stays their frozen with a couple of windows orbs.
    Secure boot off, password is on, and all that comes up is uefi boot, no legacy.

• MaClane
    Options
    The method you are using does not work.
    You must install and use it on your own equipment.
    Not in another.

Se minha resposta foi útil, deixe um Curtir, marque como Solucionado e clique em Promover!
    Caso contrario, fico a disposição para tentarmos sanar suas duvidas e resolver seus problemas!

Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

For users of the English, Spanish, French and German Community, I will be using Google Translate!

• Popy
    Options
    Tried it on this one now, and its still stuck on starting windows
  • MaClane
    Options
    Try to access Windows in Safe Mode by pressing F8 when the machine boots.
    Once there, use chkdsk to verify that the ISO you used did not present any problems at the time of installation.

If it does not work, see these tutorials:

https://help.it.ox.ac.uk/helpcentre/troubleshooting/winos7/index

Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

• Popy
    Options
    Safe mode never works
  • MaClane
    Options
    Then try another ISO.
    Because in Windows 7, if the installation was successful, at least the safe mode should be accessible.
    Also read the link with the tutorials I sent you.

Sincerely, J. MaClane ™