Disabling two of the media keys Spin 5

Options
Lakitna
Lakitna Member Posts: 1 New User
edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives
Hello all,

I have a Spin 5 which has, in my opinion, two awful media keys: Sleep on F1 and Airplane mode on F2. I will never use these keys for their intended purpose, only by accident.

Looking around I found a way to disable fn-lock (in the freaking BIOS, are you serious?) but that would affect all media keys and I prefer to have the other media keys stay the way they are. I also tried to catch the "F1" and "F2" keys with Auto HotKey, but the media events are executed before AHK can catch them so that won't solve my problem either.

The only other option I see to get things working like this is to do the BIOS thing (like really, in the BIOS?) and reenable the other hotkeys via Auto HotKey. There really should be a far easier way to do this. Can anyone help me with my, by now immense, frustration?

Best Answer

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,478 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options
    >>>Can anyone help me with my, by now immense, frustration?>>>

No. You can only switch the FN key behavior in UEFI main tab without trying to mod it. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,478 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options

No. You can only switch the FN key behavior in UEFI main tab without trying to mod it. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• boroo
    boroo Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    JackE said:

it is very facking problem, i am developer, in my self, f2 is rename f5 f6 f8 f9 is code debug keys. but noob aspire 5 media key is very problem!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    how to disable that media keys without bios or any uefi ?????????????????????????????????