Can't detect m.2 drive on acer vn7-572g-57n0

AndySmit
AndySmit Member Posts: 3 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
I just bought a Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe M.2 drive and my pc doesn't detect it, I've tried updating to the latest bios i could find on the Acer site and it still doesn't show up in the BIOS, nor in Windows 10.

Best Answers

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,078 Trailblazer
    edited March 2019 Answer ✓
    AndySmit said:
    It doesn't seem to show up here. Also my laptop unfortunately isn't in the list you sent.

BTW. Here's a picture of the socket, don't know of that helps...

Hi,
    Unfortunately, there's no NVMe support for this model.
    https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/comment/636977

• Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,695 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Yes, you can install a ssd m2 2280 sata 3!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 

Answers

• Have you checked whether ssd is recognized in the bios information section?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • AndySmit
    It doesn't seem to show up here. Also my laptop unfortunately isn't in the list you sent.

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,078 Trailblazer
    edited March 2019 Answer ✓
    AndySmit said:

Hi,
    Unfortunately, there's no NVMe support for this model.
    https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/comment/636977

• AndySmit
    Am I able to put in an Sata M.2 drive, if so, which one would you recommend?
  • Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,695 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Yes, you can install a ssd m2 2280 sata 3!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer