Intel Optane+HDD vs Intel Optane+SSD?

charliegarg
charliegarg Member Posts: 31 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
i have an515-52 76 VR model. So which option is good?
i mean if i replace HDD with SSD does it boosts performance?

Best Answer

• ven98
    ven98 ACE Posts: 4,073 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    You will notice speed speed improvement on the applications the are loaded for the first time, compared to HDD+optane. The write speed will also improve, as intel optane acts as cache, so it doesn't help when you copy or install something.

In everything else you will notice a little to no improvement. I would rather install an M.2 SSD on the Optane's place, this way I will have more storage and still will be able to install games on the SSD that just won't run on an HDD and everything else will be on the HDD. 

Always post the following characterisitcs of the device:
    -Model number
    -Part number(not required, but helpful)
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

Answers

• ven98
    ven98 ACE Posts: 4,073 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    You will notice speed speed improvement on the applications the are loaded for the first time, compared to HDD+optane. The write speed will also improve, as intel optane acts as cache, so it doesn't help when you copy or install something.

In everything else you will notice a little to no improvement. I would rather install an M.2 SSD on the Optane's place, this way I will have more storage and still will be able to install games on the SSD that just won't run on an HDD and everything else will be on the HDD. 

Always post the following characterisitcs of the device:
    -Model number
    -Part number(not required, but helpful)
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!