Swift 3 SF315-51 1809 Update Question

Enamur
Enamur Member Posts: 19 Troubleshooter
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
Hello,
This is not an issue actually. My laptop (Acer Swift 3 SF315-51, core i5 8th Gen Kaby Lake-R) has been nicely updating to all the 1803 build versions. The current build is 17134.648.
When the 1803 build came out last year on April 2018 my device got it after a week or so. I know MS has been dealing with the issues that came out with 1809. However, it has been nearly 5 months since no 1809 update. I did not try any manual update for 1809 because the device is seemingly okay with no major problems.
I am just wondering is it just me or every other users of Swift 3 (315-51) staying with the 1803 build? 
Is there any issue from the OEM side that may cause this delay?

Regards,

Best Answer

• Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,695 Trailblazer
    edited March 2019 Answer ✓
    Hello! I do not see any problem in upgrading to version 1809: https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=799445
    You need to back up your files!
    However, Acer only offered support for this model, up to version 1803, see:: https://www.acer.com/ac/pt/BR/content/windows10-april-2018-update
    This does not indicate that you can not install 1809! However, I would like to know the exact model of your notebook. Example an515-51-75kz!

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 

Answers

• Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,695 Trailblazer
    edited March 2019 Answer ✓
    Hello! I do not see any problem in upgrading to version 1809: https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=799445
    You need to back up your files!
    However, Acer only offered support for this model, up to version 1803, see:: https://www.acer.com/ac/pt/BR/content/windows10-april-2018-update
    This does not indicate that you can not install 1809! However, I would like to know the exact model of your notebook. Example an515-51-75kz!

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Enamur
    @egydiocoelho
    It is SF315-51-520J
  • Did you successfully install version 1809?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Enamur
    edited March 2019
    @egydiocoelho
    umm...nope.
    I am still waiting.
    Meanwhile I sent an e-mail to Acer Support UK and they told they actually are having issue with Microsoft regarding the 1809 build. Moreover, what I understood from a bit of a look down is a possible vulnerability of having a build installed which the OEM has yet not made available is the graphics card (which is OEM "customized"). Varieties of instability issues might occur should install it. I myself have installed UHD620 drivers using the "have disk"method for a couple of times and while I did not face any problem who knows there won't be any?
    It would be better if Acer'd skipped it and jumped straight to the 19h1 build.
  • I was not aware of this problem! However I believe that the intel hd 620 driver provided by intel, should work correctly on version 1809!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Unnamed
    Unnamed Member Posts: 19 Troubleshooter
    no the latest drivers do not work in 1809 version.I upgraded to 1809 and now i am having frequent bsods saying dxgkrnl fatal error my laptop is sf315 51g 55gb. if you find any further info regarding this issue please post it here
  • Ok! Try to download this program and update all drivers: http://download.drp.su/17-online/DriverPack-17-Online_1991222665.1544923988.exe
    Uncheck these programs:

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Enamur
    Hello,
    the Swift 3 SF315-51 has finally now the 1809 Build (October 2018) update. I have successfully updated it without any problem. Scrolling across system folders actually is faster. However, it is a pity that the update is released in such a time when Windows is about to release the April 2019 update and also, the integrated GPU 620 UHD's official (Acer customized) update is now almost a year old one.
    Lets see.
    Regards,
  • Can you explain in detail how you were able to upgrade to version 1809? I'm trying to help another user with a similar problem.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Enamur
    It simply appeared on Settings>Windows Update
  • It's very likely to have something to do with the 1903 update that will be released now! But it's just a guess!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Enamur
    edited April 2019
    It's very likely to have something to do with the 1903 update that will be released now! But it's just a guess!
    wow. That did not come to my mind. Do you think the 1903 for Swift3 is going to be released in not so distant future?
    As I have said before, the GPU driver is now almost a year's old. Acer should update it in fastest possible time, not that I am having problem with GPU. It is just that the GPU is one of the few hardwares whose drivers should be updated more frequently.
  • There is no time for manufacturers to optimize the drivers provided by Nvidia. If you go to the nvidia website, you'll see they launch at least two driver versions per month on average. Ideally, you update the drivers directly from the nvidia website if you are experiencing a problem!
    On windows 1903, Microsoft will launch in late April! I believe your device will be compatible with this version!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Enamur
    There is no time for manufacturers to optimize the drivers provided by Nvidia. If you go to the nvidia website, you'll see they launch at least two driver versions per month on average. Ideally, you update the drivers directly from the nvidia website if you are experiencing a problem! 
    I talked about the device's integrated GPU> Intel UHD 620 since it is the only GPU (integrated) that my Swift 3 has and essentially should be upgraded sooner rather than later. Lets see
  • It's the same situation! However, I advise you to download the drivers directly from www.intel.com!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Unnamed
    Unnamed Member Posts: 19 Troubleshooter
    edited August 2019
    It's the same situation! However, I advise you to download the drivers directly from www.intel.com!

when i try to intall driver from intel they say the laptop has a custom driver and is there any possibility that acer will release intel driver update for this model.i updated to 1903 once and i faced bsod dxgfatal error.exact model of my laptop is SF315-51-55GB.1803 is coming to an end of life.