pls help me!!!! rtx 2070

Options
iopiop
iopiop Member Posts: 1 New User
edited February 14 in 2019 Archives
i have bought a rtx 2070, and i connected to my acer gn246hl (144hz) with an one side displayport and the other side a dvi cable. i know that hdmi doesnt support 144hz. and i aslo know that you have to uipdat your drivers and remove the old ones. but im still with this 60hz on my nvidia contralpanel, i also tried to add a new refesh rate, i put 144hz and test it but then is says :no signal. So please if there is any one that can help me??, I WANT TO PLAY AT 144HZ. btw it worked with my old gtx970 card for a long time but after my new card it just shows 60hz option. pls helpme!? 

Answers

• tobimaru
    tobimaru Member Posts: 315 Skilled Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Options
    You may need a direct DP to DP connection to get 144Hz. Converting the signal to from DP to DVI limits the refresh rate. The reason your old card worked was likely because you were on a DVI to DVI connection. Without the use of an active DP-dual link DVI adapter you may not get 144Hz.
  • Tyrod22
    Tyrod22 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    So the Issue here is with the  RTX 2070 is there is no Dvi plugin.. so customer service told me that 144 is not possible... wtf