ACER AIO ZS600G will not boot/black screen

Options
AlanJr
AlanJr Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

edited March 1 in 2019 Archives
I had this running windows 10 x64..Was doing updates today and after restarting it, i now have a black screen, no access to the BIOS screen. The keyboard doesnt have cap locks illuminated. What can I do?

Answers

• Rudy21
    Rudy21 ACE Posts: 1,789 Pathfinder
    Options
    AlanJr said:
    I had this running windows 10 x64..Was doing updates today and after restarting it, i now have a black screen, no access to the BIOS screen. The keyboard doesnt have cap locks illuminated. What can I do?
    Try these steps and check 

1.Unplug the power cable.
    2.Press and hold power button for 30 - 40 seconds.
    3.Reconnect the cables and boot the device
    Click on 'Yes' to accept my comment as answer
  • AlanJr

Tinkerer

edited March 2019
    Options
    Had the power cable and the CMOS battery removed for 10 hours, still nothing. The power light goes blue and the cpu fan is on and the CD/DVD lights up......I would like to try a boot block recovery if possible
  • Rudy21
    Options
    AlanJr said:
    Had the power cable and the CMOS battery removed for 10 hours, still nothing. The power light goes blue and the cpu fan is on and the CD/DVD lights up......I would like to try a boot block recovery if possible
    Yeah. Since, you are unable to access BIOS. you can actually try to insert the boot disc and press F12 to get Boot options. 
  • AlanJr

Tinkerer

Options
    what boot disk?
  • Rudy21
    Options
    AlanJr said:
    what boot disk?
    Try re-installing operating system with the help of boot disk or else try to the steps below and check if you are able to access any options.

> While turning on the device Hold ALT and keep pressing F10 to access boot options. This would help you to recover the Operating system or restore the unit.
  • AlanJr

Tinkerer

Options
    Rudy,,,the screen is black...its lit but no bios..nothing
  • AlanJr

Tinkerer

Options
    well...i have made some progress....did the amiboot.rom rename and have the bios back....
  • Rudy21
    Options
    AlanJr said:
    well...i have made some progress....did the amiboot.rom rename and have the bios back....
    Oooohh... thats some kinda work.. :)
  • Mnstr3nrgy
    Mnstr3nrgy Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    AlanJr said:
    Hello. 
    I have the same issue. I turn on computer and I don't get any screen at all. I imagine if I could at least get it to post, then I should be able to fix it much easier from there. 
    What did you do, to be able to get into bios?