Newly bought Acer Nitro 5 heating up and FPS are dropping randomly in games, any fixes?

TrissK2987
TrissK2987 Member Posts: 4 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
Recently about a week ago or so, I purchased an Acer Nitro 5. 8Gb ram, gtx 1050ti, i5-8300h for gaming, I was told it was able to handle more demanding games like rainbow six siege, for honor, overwatch, all games that I play. First few days came about with no issues except when I was first getting the proper settings in games which is understandable. Lately however, things will be running smoothly at a stable 60fps and suddenly my game looks like it's lagging and the fps drops majorly. Now, I'm a newer PC gamer and I don't know the true cause, but a few in real buddies I game with told me it could be my pc overheating and majorly dropping my fps sometimes. This is getting increasingly frustrating as this gaming laptop is brand new and it's already causing me issues. Are there any fixes to this? How can I determine the direct cause and would I get much out if I would take this in to someone to fix. Thank you for any answers, any help is appreciated

Answers

• Did you put the notebook the notebook in high performance in the power options? Have you checked if the battery is 100% and also if it is in high performance? Did you select the game to start with the nvidia video card?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • TrissK2987
    Did you put the notebook the notebook in high performance in the power options? Have you checked if the battery is 100% and also if it is in high performance? Did you select the game to start with the nvidia video card?

Yes I have after a friend suggested to do it, the games I have automatically start with my nvidia card and one of them even says it in settings
  • Yes, see this:

What is the version of the nvidia driver and operating system? Sometimes an older driver is better optimized than a more current driver!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • ven98
    ven98 ACE Posts: 4,073 Pathfinder
    Download HWiNFO and report the max and a erage CPU and GPU temperatures while gaming.
    Always post the following characterisitcs of the device:
    -Model number
    -Part number(not required, but helpful)
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

• TrissK2987
    Yes, see this:

What is the version of the nvidia driver and operating system? Sometimes an older driver is better optimized than a more current driver!
    the current version of the Nvidia driver is 419.35 and my operating system is windows 10.
  • TrissK2987
    ven98 said:
    Download HWiNFO and report the max and a erage CPU and GPU temperatures while gaming.
    My gpu temp is sitting at 50 degrees celsius through 66 max. My cpu is minimum 58 and maximum 83. AN515-53-55G9 this is the model number for acer nitro 5 I got btw if that helps too
  • It would be interesting if you hit a photo of the temperatures and put it here!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer