Warranty void if sticker broken ? nitro 5

Iftekhar99
Iftekhar99 Member Posts: 4 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
My acer nitro 5 is having overheating issues. If i replace the thermal paste, would it void my warranty ?

Answers

• Rudy21
    Rudy21 ACE Posts: 1,789 Pathfinder
    My acer nitro 5 is having overheating issues. If i replace the thermal paste, would it void my warranty ?
    you can remove the sticker carefully by not damaging it. Acer warranty mentions that there should be no damages. So, be careful while you open the case and add thermal paste. 

If you think your device is under warranty you can contact acer support for help to change the thermal paste.
    Click on 'Yes' to accept my comment as answer
  • chromey
    chromey Member Posts: 39 Devotee WiFi Icon
    Also, if you have Intel cpu remember to undervolt too that drops temps just 5-15c by itself.
    Easiest way to do this is to download Intel XTU and just undervolt core/cache by -125 to -200 mw (lowest it will go while remaining stable)

I got 8300H + 1050ti variant & after undervolt + repasting with Noctua NH-T1 im getting 68-70c on gpu & 70-80c on cpu at maximum load (heaven benchmark + cpuz stresstest with 4 threads) with slight gpu overclock at +200 core +300 memory. (with max fanspeed)