Why does the screen blink?

EulerAO
EulerAO Member Posts: 2 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
Hello. I have an Aspire One since 2012. In 2013, still under warranty, I changed the keyboard and now, the screen constantly blinks since I turn the machine on, with or without battery. The W7 system works normally. I already updated Bios, but it did not solve. Blinks from when on. But it is working normal, since I connect to external monitor via cable, I even write with this machine. What can it be?

Best Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,851 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    You probably need to replace the video ribbon cable from the mainboard to the bottom of the screen. It usually develops problems like this in the hinge area from opening and closing the lid too much. Google your model number and lcd cable for vendors. Usually less than $20USD for a new replacement LCD cable. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• EulerAO
    Answer ✓
    Thank you for the information, JackE.
    I hope it's the cable, because it's cheaper than the screen. This happened after returning from a short trip. But in fact I rarely use this netbook.
    EulerAO.

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,851 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    You probably need to replace the video ribbon cable from the mainboard to the bottom of the screen. It usually develops problems like this in the hinge area from opening and closing the lid too much. Google your model number and lcd cable for vendors. Usually less than $20USD for a new replacement LCD cable. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• EulerAO
    Answer ✓
    Thank you for the information, JackE.
    I hope it's the cable, because it's cheaper than the screen. This happened after returning from a short trip. But in fact I rarely use this netbook.
    EulerAO.