Unfortunately, After two years, Acer makes me lost 3000 $ for a Gaming laptop ...

natheeralrawi
natheeralrawi Member Posts: 2 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
At March 2017, I bought a Predator G9-793 From Al Nabaa IT (Acer Distributor in Iraq) in Baghdad, Iraq, The Warranty was One Year, After One week of Using I Turned it off and put it in the bag, I Returned after two days to turn it on but I Found No any signal, 
after many hours trying to find any solution, I returned the laptop to the maintenance center in Al Nabaa, The said there is no way to fix it just by requesting a new Motherboard, when it arrived I founded the Laptop ( display a Pixelate Screen, Display Black screen after windows loading, Display colours lines after shutdown and restart and some others ), And another time I Returned it to the maintenance and also they request a new motherboard and most of the issues still there,
Then I Travelled to turkey and contacted with Acer service centers in Istanbul and NO ONE RESPONDED TO ME, Now, The laptop Out of Warranty and It's in the Maintenance in Al Nabaa in Baghdad since two weeks and all the costs and will be on Me, in Case if they find the issues. 
Note: The Changing of the two Motherboards cost's were on the reseller because the laptop was within the warranty 
Thanks, Acer, You makes me spend all my money just to buy a non-functional laptop

Answers

• Karp-Acer_Retired
    Karp-Acer_Retired Member Posts: 2,599 Guru
    We are very sorry to hear this. Unfortunately when out of warranty, the service would have a charge. We suggest you contact the repair center to find out about Status of the repair.

Regards,
    Acer-Karp.
    minimizar para MAXIMIZAR.

Descubra a mais recente e inovadora tecnologia que chegará no mercado, next@acer.
  • tobimaru
    tobimaru Member Posts: 315 Skilled Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Doing a little digging I'm finding a few reviews and user comments regarding the WiFi signal strength for the G9-793. This is regarding the physical distance you are from the router and any interference between the devices. What was your average distance from your router when using the laptop? More than 30 feet?

https://www.ultrabookreview.com/12357-acer-predator-17-review-g9-793/

The Wireless connection (with a Qualcomm Killer Wireless 1535 module) on the other hand works fine as long as you’re in close proximity of the router, but the signal strength and speeds drop dramatically once you go a little further, in my case at 30 feet with 2 walls in between. That’s something I’ve complained about on the G9-791 Predator, but it’s still an issue on this new one, despite the fact that it gets a newer wireless chip, so I’d reckon the problem is caused by poor antennae design.

It's all in hindsight now but I do not believe changing the motherboard, wireless card, or any other hardware device would change this limited WiFi range. By design, it simply has a shorter range than some other laptops. I'm just a guy posting online though, not affiliated with Acer.

• natheeralrawi
    natheeralrawi Member Posts: 2 New User
    tobimaru said:
    Doing a little digging I'm finding a few reviews and user comments regarding the WiFi signal strength for the G9-793. This is regarding the physical distance you are from the router and any interference between the devices. What was your average distance from your router when using the laptop? More than 30 feet?

https://www.ultrabookreview.com/12357-acer-predator-17-review-g9-793/

The Wireless connection (with a Qualcomm Killer Wireless 1535 module) on the other hand works fine as long as you’re in close proximity of the router, but the signal strength and speeds drop dramatically once you go a little further, in my case at 30 feet with 2 walls in between. That’s something I’ve complained about on the G9-791 Predator, but it’s still an issue on this new one, despite the fact that it gets a newer wireless chip, so I’d reckon the problem is caused by poor antennae design.

It's all in hindsight now but I do not believe changing the motherboard, wireless card, or any other hardware device would change this limited WiFi range. By design, it simply has a shorter range than some other laptops. I'm just a guy posting online though, not affiliated with Acer.

Thank you for your comment, But I Mean in No Signal is The laptop is Dead (Non-Operatable)
  • tobimaru
    tobimaru Member Posts: 315 Skilled Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Thank you for your comment, But I Mean in No Signal is The laptop is Dead (Non-Operatable)
    My apologies, I misunderstood the symptoms. In that case, I can't blame the design! It's definitely intended to power on and function. Sorry for your frustration!