TEMPERATURES acer nitro5

TiagoAlmeida12
TiagoAlmeida12 Member Posts: 1 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
Hi,

I would like to know some information about the temperatures of nitro 5.

my nitro5 has the following components:

- i7 8750H
- 8G RAM
- GTX 1060
-1TB Disk

The laptop is pretty good, but what worries me is the temperature in it.

First concern:

- I do not know why, but I can only play (smoothly) with the battery connected. the battery power cable has to be connected, if it is not I can not play fluently, any suggestion?

second concern:

- The temperatures. In normal mode (without playing) these are around 40-50C. No more than that.

Now when I am playing these are around 70-89C (maximum hit).

89C has hit in forza horizon 3. Playing fifa they are around 50-77C. In intensive game lets say GTA V they are around 70-87C.

My question is, is this normal? for a laptop with less than a month and with a coolerpad coolermaster XL?

Answers

• Rudy21
    Rudy21 ACE Posts: 1,789 Pathfinder
    @TiagoAlmeida12

Temps that you mentioned are pretty common. You can try the steps mentioned in this link and test the performance. Hope this helps you
    Click on 'Yes' to accept my comment as answer
  • chromey
    chromey Member Posts: 39 Devotee WiFi Icon
    Hi,

I would like to know some information about the temperatures of nitro 5.

my nitro5 has the following components:

- i7 8750H
    - 8G RAM
    - GTX 1060
    -1TB Disk

The laptop is pretty good, but what worries me is the temperature in it.

First concern:

- I do not know why, but I can only play (smoothly) with the battery connected. the battery power cable has to be connected, if it is not I can not play fluently, any suggestion?

second concern:

- The temperatures. In normal mode (without playing) these are around 40-50C. No more than that.

Now when I am playing these are around 70-89C (maximum hit).

89C has hit in forza horizon 3. Playing fifa they are around 50-77C. In intensive game lets say GTA V they are around 70-87C.

My question is, is this normal? for a laptop with less than a month and with a coolerpad coolermaster XL?
    You cant play on battery power, since the battery cant deliver the power that the components need in order to run at full speed.
    And even if that was possible, your battery life would be measured probably in minutes
    Those temperatures seem fine, but you can always undervolt the cpu with Intel XTU to decrease temperatures by some 5-10c

You have to also remember that laptops run hot overall, there is no way around it really