Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

Upgrading the CPU on i7-6700?

SteveMillerSteveMiller Posts: 10Member

Tinkerer

Hey.. looking for some pointers if possible. I have the Aspire T3-710 and as for music production goes it was fine. Now i'm shifting into the category of video/film editing... and the videos in question are 4k... a real struggle for my current setup. Just a single 4k clip in adobe premier maxes out my CPU to a solid 100% upon pressing play .. which gives as we all know stuttery playback and a challenging edit. Can this machines CPU be upgraded? Im not too tech on the insides of a PC .. i've changed ram before and a hard drive thats about my limit so far... but can the CPU or motherboard be upgraded to handle such a load or am i looking at a new setup? .. if it can be upgraded .. would someone recommend what sort of upgraded part i would need? many thanks 

Comments

• SteveMillerSteveMiller Posts: 10Member

Tinkerer

sorry think i did this in the wrong section now i browsed the site abit. I'll repost it