How can I fit a hard disk drive into my E5 575g-53VG laptop?

LeoDBest02O
LeoDBest02O Member Posts: 2 New User
edited September 2023 in 2019 Archives
Hi. I bought a 2.5" internal hard disk drive from amazon, but it was too small. What do I need to buy to make it fit?

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,850 Trailblazer
    You can do what I do. Simply use foam to protect and immobilize the HDD inside the case. But if you want the added complication of mounting kit, one is available as a one time offer from this link if you're in the US or Canada https://csapps.acer.com/kit-request/#submit  

Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• LeoDBest02O
    LeoDBest02O Member Posts: 2 New User
    Thank you. I don't like in any of those countries so I'll try the foam hack. However, I have come upon another problem. The hard disk (Western Digital 2TB) is being detected in BIOS but its not on 'This PC'. My laptop is running on Windows 10. Any ideas? (I'm not really a tech expert so I'd prefer if simple instructions were included) Thank you :)
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,850 Trailblazer
    Press the WINkey + Rkey. Enter 'diskmgmt.msc'. You should see the new disk listed. If you click on it, there'll be certain options available in disk management's Action tab and all tasks submenu. You want to make sure it's formatted to NTFS,  marked as active, and assign a drive letter to it before you can use it.  Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ