Acer Aspire ONE D255 windows 7 reinstall without losing the drivers

Options
Quo
Quo Member Posts: 8 New User
edited August 2023 in 2019 Archives
Firstly there is no factory reset option OK , so I now want to clear all my personal files and software files ie Microsoft Office and then reformat the drive to clean it totally, then install windows 7 OS afresh , but I dont want to loose all the drivers for the laptop, and would like to reinstall Office only ..... I do have an original copy of windows 7 ultimate but unsure what options to take when doing it ....Could anyone give me a beginners guide please 

Best Answer

• Quo
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Superstar .... Wasn't aware of this command ...Thank you for your help Kind Regards 

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,483 Trailblazer
    Options
    You can try the ALT+F10 cold boot factory Win7 reset as shown in the video below. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Quo
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Superstar .... Wasn't aware of this command ...Thank you for your help Kind Regards 
  • Quo
    Options
    Could this computer be upgraded to windows 10 ? 
  • JackE
    Options
    It can be downgraded to Win10 or upgraded to Linux. :) Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Quo
    Options
    You say downgraded to windows 10 ? should this be an upgrade or am I misunderstanding ? kind regards
  • JackE
    Options
    A downgrade in my opinion. The main issue here is the new & unimproved Windows10 lifecycle policy with rapid-fire heavy-handed major updates that are almost like entirely new versions of Windows under the old Microsoft naming convention. https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/13853/windows-lifecycle-fact-sheet  . Even if you can get the machine to work properly on the latest 1809 Win10 version (which is unlikely),  there's no guarantee that the next major update in the next month or so will work. This new policy is creating driver & firmware havoc in relatively new machines that shipped even with earlier major Win10 releases. Under the old Winver naming system, we're probably up to Win16 by now with scheduled extended support for it ending only a few months after Win7. This new Microsoft lifecycle policy, if left unchanged within the few months, might be the open window of opportunity for an alternative GUI to finally break the PC status quo. Accordingly, I've already converted my relatively new HP and ACER laptops to LinuxMint GUI. They both now have almost the same look, feel & operation of the last halfway-decent Windows version, Win7, only faster. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ