MY chrome book Unable to charge

南洋
南洋 Member Posts: 4 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives

Model: Chromebook for Work 14 CP5-471

Hello everyone!I am Chinese,I bought this chrome book online.
After updating the system, it can't charge. The indicator lights flicker slowly after plugging in the power supply, but it can't charge effectively. I don't know what the reason is. I bought the power supply on Taobao.  Is it possible to use the original power supply?

Answers

• Jack22
    Jack22 ACE Posts: 4,006 Pathfinder

Hard reset your Chromebook

For most Chromebooks, follow the steps below:

1. Turn off your Chromebook.
    2. Press and hold Refresh Refresh + tap Power Shut down
    3. When your Chromebook starts up, release Refresh Refresh

Acer Always recommends customers to use the original charger came along with the unit.

Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • 南洋
    Now, I need the motherboard bitmap of this notebook. It looks like this picture. Please help me. I need the bitmap.
  • 南洋
    My notebook is broken and needs to be repaired, but it can't be repaired without a bitmap.
  • Rudy21
    Rudy21 ACE Posts: 1,789 Pathfinder
    南洋 said:
    My notebook is broken and needs to be repaired, but it can't be repaired without a bitmap.
    you could actually call acer to get the repair done. Maybe there is some price involved but it should get the work done. But if you are planning to fix it yourself then here it is. 

Hope this helps you.

Click on 'Yes' to accept my comment as answer
  • 南洋
    edited March 2019
    At present, this notebook is in China, but this notebook is bought in the United States. Thank you for your friends upstairs. But the picture you gave is not correct. I need a bitmap of the motherboard. It looks like the picture above. The file type of the bitmap is. pcb. If you can find it, please give me a link to this file. Thank you.
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,925 Trailblazer
    I can pretty much assure you that information is proprietary to Acer and they don't publish it.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.