Does anyone know what these lights are? (Acer Aspire E 15 E5-575G-52RJ)

miranstarr
miranstarr Member Posts: 1 New User
edited August 2023 in 2019 Archives
Over the weekend, I updated my laptop. Since then, there's been a series of lights at the bottom of my screen after I've shut it down. The lights don't bother me when the laptop is on since I can't see them, but when it's shut off, I can see the lights even with the screen closed. Sometimes I get those four lights and sometimes it goes all the way across the screen. The lights can be bright like this or dim.

Best Answer

• Rudy21
    Rudy21 ACE Posts: 1,789 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    @miranstarr

This could only happen if the screen casing is not done properly. These issues happen because of screen backlight. There might be some gap between the casing and screen. 

If you think the device is under warranty i would recommend you to report this issue to acer support to get warranty help.
    Click on 'Yes' to accept my comment as answer

Answers

• Rudy21
    Rudy21 ACE Posts: 1,789 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    @miranstarr

This could only happen if the screen casing is not done properly. These issues happen because of screen backlight. There might be some gap between the casing and screen. 

If you think the device is under warranty i would recommend you to report this issue to acer support to get warranty help.
    Click on 'Yes' to accept my comment as answer