BIOS 1.24 update

Answers

• Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,716 Trailblazer
    edited March 2019
    Yes you can! This user in the Portuguese community also had the model an515-52 and updated the bios to version 1.25 and the problem was corrected: https://community.acer.com/pt/discussion/564149/luz-do-teclado-desliga-passados-poucos-segundos-nitro-5#latest
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • hayz3doubt
    hayz3doubt Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

the an515-52 model has the same bios as the a715-72g
    Does this mean i can download bios 1.25 on that page for my AN515-52?
    Yes it should work without issue. I have the an515=53 and it worked perfectly. Option is in the bios and my keyboard no longer shuts off every 30 seconds like it used to.
  • MrNegative370
    MrNegative370 Member Posts: 9

Tinkerer

Hi all,

An "Keyboard Lighting Timeout" option will be added to the BIOS menu in a future update version 1.25, this will allow users to Disable the option to have the Keyboard Backlight on at all times when on AC power only, if the unit is on Battery power, it will work as intended (30 sec. timeout). 

We will update and notify when the BIOS update becomes available for download Drivers&Manual official page

Thanks,
    Acer-Manny 
    THANK YOU!!!!! I have been calling acer trying to explain this problem and they wanted me to send the laptop in for a 3rd time. I can finally stop force downgrading the bios to v1.19 to get the keyboard to work as expected. Thank you all at acer for listening to feedback and actively working on a solution. Cheers to v1.25 whenever it arrives! 
  • Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • MrNegative370

Tinkerer

Thanks! will the bios work on an a717-72? Thank you so much for providing a link to the dl as well. Normally I would flash it and find out but I dont have any Bios recovery usb and i broke the built in acer recovery on my build of windows 10 (dev preview). Cheers mate!
  • @MrNegative370 Yes, it will work because they both have the same name as the bios!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• MrNegative370

Tinkerer

@egydiocoelho
    Alright thank you again for all the advice. I'm going to give it a try now and see how things go. 
  • MrNegative370

Tinkerer

@MrNegative370 Yes, it will work because they both have the same name as the bios!
    I have extracted the file and when I run the exe nothing happens. No popups like previous bios upgrades. Tried running as admin and still nothing. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated!
  • Have you restarted the notebook?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• redragon
    redragon Member Posts: 6 New User
    when Really the official update gets posted soon. 1.25 Bios update
    for MY model :  NITRO AN515-53

• redragon
    edited March 2019
    when Really the official update gets posted soon. 1.25 Bios update
    for model :  NITRO AN515-53

?????????????????

Yes you can! This user in the Portuguese community also had the model an515-52 and updated the bios to version 1.25 and the problem was corrected: https://community.acer.com/pt/discussion/564149/luz-do-teclado-desliga-passados-poucos-segundos-nitro-5#latest

Hi all,

An "Keyboard Lighting Timeout" option will be added to the BIOS menu in a future update version 1.25, this will allow users to Disable the option to have the Keyboard Backlight on at all times when on AC power only, if the unit is on Battery power, it will work as intended (30 sec. timeout). 

We will update and notify when the BIOS update becomes available for download Drivers&Manual official page

Thanks,
    Acer-Manny 
    Hi all,

I want to follow up and inform that the BIOS update version 1.25 for model A715-72G is out for download from our official Drivers and Manuals page here.

Note: Please keep in mind that models: 
    A717-72G
    AN515-52
    AN515-53
    PH315-51  

should be also included, please check periodically for updates.

Thanks for patience,
    Acer-Manny 
    Hi lukeantonissen -  What is the exact model of your unit?

Thanks in advance, 
    Acer-Manny

• Nasdaq
    Nasdaq Member Posts: 50 Devotee WiFi Icon
    Patiently waiting to see when the 1.25 bios update is posted on the AN515-53. 
  • As I told you earlier, the a715-72g and an515-53 models have the same bios! You can download the bios file from the a715-72g model that will work correctly on the an515-53! However, updating bios is a risky procedure and I do not take any responsibility for any damage!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Nasdaq
    edited March 2019
    If the update package is good and you have atleast some knowledge of computers work, Bios updates shouldn't be considered risky at all. I'm eager to update it, but suppose I'll wait until the bios update is actually placed on the AN515-53 page.
  • redragon
    not recommended by Acer-Manny 
    is risqued 

if same why They got it not placed in Acer Driver / Bios AN515-53
    i waiting official for my model AN515-53

egydiocoelho said:
    As I told you earlier, the a715-72g and an515-53 models have the same bios! You can download the bios file from the a715-72g model that will work correctly on the an515-53! However, updating bios is a risky procedure and I do not take any responsibility for any damage!

• redragon
    to : Nasdaq  same AN515-53  i waiting is long time :( hehe
  • Nasdaq
    edited April 2019
    Bios Update Acer Nitro 5 version 1.25 is now live on the product page https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/support-product/7571?b=1
  • Manny-Acer_Retired
    Manny-Acer_Retired Newbie Posts: 4,453 Guru
    edited April 2019
    redragon said:
    to : Nasdaq  same AN515-53  i waiting is long time :( hehe
    Hi redragon and Nasdaq,

BIOS is now available, please click on the following link: 

Nitro AN515-53

2019/03/20

Download

Salute,
    Acer-Manny