Aspire 3610-0839 Dual Boot >No Wi-Fi on 2nd boot drive on Win7?

Ehsir
Ehsir Member Posts: 1 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
Hi I created a Dual Boot with the WinXp as the old drive
and the new drive is Win7. It does not have any ACER Drivers/Software installed.. so no ACER startup.
How can I install ACER drivers/software on that drive (Win7) without internet (Wi-Fi Only here)?
No ACER Cardslot/WiFi or Battery Power, etc detected when I installed Win7 as Dual Boot.
Or would I have to recovery to Factory settings? That would delete the WinXp Boot drive that works fine as the
main drive. So what happens if I reset to Factory with both Boot drives?
Any help appreciated
Ehsir

Answers

• Rudy21
    Rudy21 ACE Posts: 1,789 Pathfinder
    Ehsir said:
    Hi I created a Dual Boot with the WinXp as the old drive
    and the new drive is Win7. It does not have any ACER Drivers/Software installed.. so no ACER startup.
    How can I install ACER drivers/software on that drive (Win7) without internet (Wi-Fi Only here)?
    No ACER Cardslot/WiFi or Battery Power, etc detected when I installed Win7 as Dual Boot.
    Or would I have to recovery to Factory settings? That would delete the WinXp Boot drive that works fine as the
    main drive. So what happens if I reset to Factory with both Boot drives?
    Any help appreciated
    Ehsir
    Based on the unit specifications i dont think this device could work with Win 7. Even if it is yes, you would not be able to find suitable drivers to work with. 

I would say the unit would be good to work with Windows XP which is a famous and best operating system ever created by microsoft...
    Click on 'Yes' to accept my comment as answer
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,848 Trailblazer
    You could try to download the ACER-specific WinXP drivers to a usb stick . https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/support-product/112?b=1 Then try to install them on Win7 by right clicking on the driver EXEs, choose properties and select compatibility tab and trying to run the installation EXEs in WinXP compatibility mode. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ