Why my laptop shut down when i have like 40/50% battery lvl if its not plugged in ? (E5-575G-5538)

Options
Mihai1998
Mihai1998 Member Posts: 2 New User
edited September 2023 in 2019 Archives
how can i resolve this problem. Every time when my laptop is unplugged it turns off when it have 40/50% battery lvl and it dont start untill i plug it, The reset battery dont work. The laptop its  2yrs old, and this is some recent problem

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,593 Trailblazer
    Options
    Fully charge the battery. Then remove the charger. How long does the battery last under light load before it turns off? If it's less than about 90 minutes, you need to replace the battery. Google "baterie" "e5-575g" for vendors in your region such as https://www.emag.ro/baterie-laptop-acer-aspire-e5-575g-59rg-mmdacer180/pd/DFP4QJBBM/

Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Mihai1998
    Mihai1998 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    JackE said:
    Fully charge the battery. Then remove the charger. How long does the battery last under light load before it turns off? If it's less than about 90 minutes, you need to replace the battery. Google "baterie" "e5-575g" for vendors in your region such as https://www.emag.ro/baterie-laptop-acer-aspire-e5-575g-59rg-mmdacer180/pd/DFP4QJBBM/

Jack E/NJ

thats not the problem, the laptop started doing this in a very short time, a week ago the battery lasted for about 2-3 hours and now it wont resist more than 40-50 min, the laptop shuts down instantly without a warning or something.
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,593 Trailblazer
    Options
    >>>it wont resist more than 40-50 min>>>

What do you mean by "resist"? If you mean it won't last for more than 40-50 minutes before shutting off without warning, then the battery's built-in charge-control board has failed. This internal battery board is not replaceable. You must replace the whole battery.  Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• pipercolt
    pipercolt Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

Options
    would like to know if anything resolved the problem.   having the same issue.
  • feggy
    feggy Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    Hi, 
    I had the same problem 2 weeks back with my Acer E15 E5-575G, the laptop always shut itself down when it reached 80% mark(on battery power obviously).
    Now, the battery is completely dead and I'm going to replace it soon. I am very much sure the fault is in the battery and you are going to have to replace it soon as well.