What are the steps for completely reinstalling windows on Triton 700?

Broko
Broko Member Posts: 18 Troubleshooter
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
Hi. After doing some research I found a few threads that explain how users did not see the storage drives listed in BIOS after trying to re-install Windows from scratch.

So, what is the correct way to do this with our "special" RAID0-locked machine? I've never had such and expensive machine with such a stupid limitation and I completely regret buying it, but I'd still want to try reinstalling the OS as it has gotten buggy and it would be nice to start from scratch.

Can anyone help with some tips on what exactly needs to be done so that the drives can be wiped fully and then detected by the machine without any issue?

And thanks for locking this $3,5k machine in such a way and refusing to help us unlock it, ACER, this is the last product I ever bought from your brand.

Answers

• First I would like to know the exact model of your notebook! Example an515-51-75kz!
    If the storage units are appearing in the bios information section, then you may not be converting to gpt!
    In the windows installation, press shift + f10 and type these commands: diskpart, list disk, sel disk x (x is the number of ssd or hd that should be converted to gpt), convert gpt!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Broko
    It's Predator PT715-51 and it's locked in RAID0 with no option to use two logical drives. I haven't tried formatting yet because I don't want to get stuck in the process and be left without a working machine, so I'm trying to be prepared.

• I believe there is some compatibility between the bios and the ssds of that user!
    Could you tell us the exact model of your ssd?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Broko
    I believe there is some compatibility between the bios and the ssds of that user!
    Could you tell us the exact model of your ssd?
    And all the threads about linux being impossible to install as it won't work on raid0.

My SSDs are the ones the notebook came with, I've changed nothing in the hardware configuration so far.

I'll check the drives and update in a minute, forgot their models.

• Broko
    edited March 2019
    Drives are: LITEON CA1-8D512
    2x512gb

And thank you for trying to help. I'm glad that at least the user community is trying to help people with these issues that Acer have created for us with such decisions... So, cheers.
  • When hds or ssds are not listed in the windows installation, this indicates the need to use a .inf chipset file in the windows installation itself, see: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/downloads/eula/28182/Chipset-INF-Utility?httpDown=https://downloadmirror.intel.com/28182/eng/chipset-10.1.17.zip
    You can check if in the windows installation, the ssds are recognized with the .inf file I sent! This will not format or delete ssd because formatting only occurs after selecting ssd and when the user clicks next!
    It is necessary to extract the file and then you must click load driver!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Broko
    Thanks, I completed the format successfully and the drives were detected as one whole 1TB drive. Just wiped the main one and re-installed. Idle temperatures have went down, but I am yet to undervolt the 1080 max-q GPU properly to wield some results while under load. :)
  • Great my friend! Great! Could you specify the exact model of your ssd?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Broko
    The drives are LITEON CA1-8D512 (2x512gb) and the laptop came with them. I can live with RAID0 as long as I can re-install windows whenever I need to. For linux, I will probably boot from an external SSD drive in the future when I get one.

It is still strange that this laptop (triton 700) costs so much and has such a limitation. I am thinking of getting a macbook pro for my next machine... If they update in 2019 :P