Laptop: Acer Aspire e 15 E5-576G-5762
Purchased: 2/23/2018
Warrenty Expired: 2/24/2019
Stopped Charging: 2/28/2019
Never dropped, spilled on, etc.
Replaced: AC Adapter, Internal Battery
Performed Acer Tech Led "Battery Reset"
Uninstalled AC Adapter drivers and let laptop autodetect and reinstall

Battery life got low, and laptop turned off automatically. Pressing the power button the keyboard would illuminate, blue light would come on, and orange light could pulse - screen would read Critical Low Battery then laptop would turn off. Eventually, pressing the power button did nothing.

As indicated I've performed the battery reset while on the phone with Acer Tech Support, to no avail. I replaced the AC Adapter & tested it on other electronics (original works, replacement works). I've replaced the internal battery as well (laptop powered up but eventually the replacement battery drained and repeated the same scenario as described above). Charging Port LOOKS fine.

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,630 Trailblazer
    Options
    Does it boot up plugged in without the battery connected? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• spencerja
    spencerja Member Posts: 4 New User
    Options
    No, it does not.
  • JackE
    Options
    Does this mean you can't even boot up anymore without charging the battery some other way? If yes, the charger's receptacle soldered to the mainboard is probably either damaged or has a cracked solder joint. Does the pin in the center of the receptacle appear to be straight and not bent to one side or the other?  Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• spencerja
    Options
    Correct.Visually the charging port, including the pin, appears to be intact and without defect. I currently have the laptop back together so I can only observe the exterior.
  • JackE
    Options
    Well if you can get it to temporarily boot up, you can try to uninstall all the battery & charger drivers from Device Manager. Reboot and let Windows auto re-install them just in the remote case it's a software issue. But I don't think so. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• spencerja
    Options
    Yep - I've done that (for AC Adapter and ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery - Didn't have the Composite Battery line).

Going to open it up and look at the charging port this evening...thanks for the help!
  • JackE
    Options
    Mainboard connectors Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Variscite
    Variscite Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    Any answer to this?  I have two Acer E5-576G-5762 laptops that do this same thing.  Battery gets low and charger stops charging so laptop dies.  Previously unplugging the ac adapter and re-plugging starts it to charging again for 2 to 3 weeks.  I bought two of these at the same time and the exact same thing happens to both of them.  Any solutions?
  • JackE
    Options
    >>>Previously unplugging the ac adapter and re-plugging starts it to charging again for 2 to 3 weeks.  >>>

If this still works, it suggests the both the AC plug and the DC plug & jack are either dirty or oxidized. Repeatedly re-seating them should help. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• roshanamin
    roshanamin Member Posts: 62 Die Hard WiFi Icon
    Options
    @spencerja could you please advise replacement part number for the adapter as well as the battery and cost for each? I believe adapter was purchased and internal battery replaced from Acer directly. How long did the service centre retain the Laptop for, for changing the internal battery?