Fingerprint and reader not working

Pokemom
Pokemom Member Posts: 1 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
I just bought an acer swift 1 and after I set it up with fingerprint and a pin. After closing the screen and putting it in sleep mode, now it won't read the fingerprint and it says pin is needed. When I go to put in the pin it says that is unavailable due to a change in security settings on this device. I didn't change the settings.

Answers

• Rudy21
    Rudy21 ACE Posts: 1,789 Pathfinder
    Pokemom said:
    I just bought an acer swift 1 and after I set it up with fingerprint and a pin. After closing the screen and putting it in sleep mode, now it won't read the fingerprint and it says pin is needed. When I go to put in the pin it says that is unavailable due to a change in security settings on this device. I didn't change the settings.
    you can try the steps mentioned in this link: https://us.answers.acer.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/52297
    Click on 'Yes' to accept my comment as answer
  • Artfelt
    Artfelt Member Posts: 1 New User
    Bought swift 1 today, set up with pin and now have screen saying pin no longer available due to a change in security settings on this device. Can't get off this screen to get to settings to attempt to set pin again. Can anyone help ?