after a factory reset, I am getting error messages during setup. My son's tablet in an Acer B1-850

Deanna85
Deanna85 Member Posts: 1 New User
edited March 18 in 2019 Archives
After connecting to my home Wifi network, I am attempting to connect to Acer portal. When I try to create an Acer ID, after agreeing to the terms of service and privacy policy I get "INCORRECT, server is unreachable." Then I try to connect using my facebook account, it says "App is not setup: this app is still in development mode, and you don't have access to it. Switch to a registered test user or ask app admin for permissions." So I tried to use G+ and it says "ACER BYOC has encountered an error." I hit report and nothing happens. Lastly, I tried signing in through ACER, again it says, "INCORRECT, server is unreachable." Please help!

Answers

• TheLastDon
    TheLastDon Member Posts: 1 New User
    If while your on the Acer start screen press/hold down Alt key and press f10 until it brings up restore settings and I hope from there this helps I just finally got through a similar scenario GOODLuck🍀🍀
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,719 Trailblazer
    The server not reachable error is there generic error when the tablet doesn't get a response for the sever URL. It typically means they have taken that server down due to EOL on the updates for that model. (Usually around two years after initial product release)
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.