Not getting even 40 fps in Fortnite on low settings

AtishyaGupta2211
AtishyaGupta2211 Member Posts: 17 Troubleshooter
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
Hello everyone,
From now about a month i am not able to get even just 40 fps in fortnite with all settings kept low and resolution on 1080p. I have even tried to lower my resolution to 720p and 900p but still i wasn't able to get 40fps constant. I wasnt facing this issue before a month and now having a hard time with it. The main thing i have observed during this while is that my Cpu usage is mostly over 85% while my Gpu usage is just 30%avg and Cpu temps after 10 minutes or so playing reaches 96 degrees constant on max fan speed and yes i also checked that there is no background processes. Please somebody help me i am having hard time in gaming.

LAPTOP Specs(Acer predator helios 300):-
i7 7th gen 7700HQ
8gb ram
nvidia gtx 4gb 1050ti

Answers

• ven98
    ven98 ACE Posts: 4,073 Pathfinder
    Your CPU is throttling because of high temperature. You can try undervolting the CPU to reduce temperature. This process doesn't reduce performance and is harmless. You can use Throttlestop to undervolt. Many guides can be found online showing how it is done.

If undervolting doesn't work you have either repaste the CPU and GPU(voids warranty) or contact Acer and let them take care of it.
    Always post the following characterisitcs of the device:
    -Model number
    -Part number(not required, but helpful)
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!