Can you help me with the problem of my acer nitro 5 dolby audio software problem. The software probl

Dulat
Dulat Member Posts: 8

Tinkerer

edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
Can you help me with the problem of my acer nitro 5 dolby audio software problem. The software proble makes me can't use the cinema/movie/gaming/chat/music mode anymore even i turn it on and off the dolby software. before that i can see the diffrent between the dolby software is on and off but now i cant really see the diffrent because now even i turn on and off the dolby software the sound result is still the same. pls help me

Best Answer

• dclanz
    dclanz Member Posts: 112 Skilled Fixer WiFi Icon
    Answer ✓
    @Dulat Right! I used to get a similar message (with the modes being unclickable) whenever Windows Update installed a later Realtek audio driver on my system and broke the functionality of the app. But even then all I had to do was reinstall the dax app I mentioned previously and the Dolby app would work. In your case, I'd recommend uninstalling all Dolby related software, except the Dolby Audio X2 Windows API SDK (see screenshot 1) as well as uninstalling the Realtek audio drivers (see screenshot 2). Reboot the system then install the audio drivers you downloaded from your acer support page followed by the dax 2 app I mentioned previously (should be located in the audio driver folder for example Audio_Realtek_6.0.1.8351_W10x64\DAX2\x64). Try the app again and see if it now works.

If a post helps or answers your question, be sure to hit the like button so the poster knows they were helpful.
    Try using the search function before posting, as your question may have been asked and resolved before.
    Be sure to check out my Acer An515-42 Clean Install Guide.

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,848 Trailblazer
    About how long ago did you notice this change? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Dulat

Tinkerer

JackE said:
    About how long ago did you notice this change? Jack E/NJ
    it happened in early February
  • JackE
    Might've been due to a Win10update. Open Control. Search 'restore point'. Click 'create a system restore point' in the left pane. Click 'system restore' button. Click 'next'. Look for an automatic restore point with a datestamp in early Feb. It may be too late since these restore points are auto deleted after a few weeks. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• dclanz
    Hi @Dulat as an alternate step, visit the acer download page for your laptop and download the audio driver. Once downloaded, extract the contents of the folder and head into the Dax 2 folder then into the x64 folder. Copy the dax_app_release_x64 app to your desktop and install it. Now try to access the Dolby Audio program from your start menu and see if it works. I hope this helps. :)
    If a post helps or answers your question, be sure to hit the like button so the poster knows they were helpful.
    Try using the search function before posting, as your question may have been asked and resolved before.
  • Dulat

Tinkerer

dclanz said: Hi @Dulat as an alternate step, visit the acer download page for your laptop and download the audio driver. Once downloaded, extract the contents of the folder and head into the Dax 2 folder then into the x64 folder. Copy the dax_app_release_x64 app to your desktop and install it. Now try to access the Dolby Audio program from your start menu and see if it works. I hope this helps. :) I did it all, but it did not help me: nothing has changed.
    Введите свой комментарий
  • dclanz
    Dulat said:
    dclanz said:
    Hi @Dulat as an alternate step, visit the acer download page for your laptop and download the audio driver. Once downloaded, extract the contents of the folder and head into the Dax 2 folder then into the x64 folder. Copy the dax_app_release_x64 app to your desktop and install it. Now try to access the Dolby Audio program from your start menu and see if it works. I hope this helps. :)
    I did it all, but it did not help me: nothing has changed.
    Введите свой комментарий Just to be certain, you're referring to this app right (see screenshot)? If yes, then while playing an audio file, try clicking on the different types (dynamic, movie, etc) and see if the audio being played actually changes. If it still doesn't the only thing I can recommend is reinstalling the original audio drivers from Acer (along with the DAX app release I mentioned earlier) since  Windows Update probably installed a later version of the audio drivers which broke the functionality of the app.

• JackE
    Dulat

Вы уже проверили точку восстановления? Если он будет там, он вернет все обратно к тому, что было в начале февраля. Jack E/NJ

Did you check for a restore point yet? If it's there, it will return everything back to the way it was in early February. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Dulat

Tinkerer

dclanz said:
    Dulat said:
    dclanz said:
    I did it all, but it did not help me: nothing has changed.
    Введите свой комментарий
    Just to be certain, you're referring to this app right (see screenshot)? If yes, then while playing an audio file, try clicking on the different types (dynamic, movie, etc) and see if the audio being played actually changes. If it still doesn't the only thing I can recommend is reinstalling the original audio drivers from Acer (along with the DAX app release I mentioned earlier) since  Windows Update probably installed a later version of the audio drivers which broke the functionality of the app.

All right we are talking about this program. However, in my case, this program looks like this: here I am attaching a screenshot of the modes that are not clickable.
  • dclanz
    Answer ✓
    @Dulat Right! I used to get a similar message (with the modes being unclickable) whenever Windows Update installed a later Realtek audio driver on my system and broke the functionality of the app. But even then all I had to do was reinstall the dax app I mentioned previously and the Dolby app would work. In your case, I'd recommend uninstalling all Dolby related software, except the Dolby Audio X2 Windows API SDK (see screenshot 1) as well as uninstalling the Realtek audio drivers (see screenshot 2). Reboot the system then install the audio drivers you downloaded from your acer support page followed by the dax 2 app I mentioned previously (should be located in the audio driver folder for example Audio_Realtek_6.0.1.8351_W10x64\DAX2\x64). Try the app again and see if it now works.

• Dulat

Tinkerer

Just last night I solved my problem: I deleted all the updates for Windows, then reinstalled the audio drivers. The program has earned! Thank you all for your help!
  • dclanz
    Dulat said:
    Just last night I solved my problem: I deleted all the updates for Windows, then reinstalled the audio drivers. The program has earned! Thank you all for your help!
    You're most welcomed buddy, I'm glad it worked for you! :)