Bluetooth, USB and Touchscreen not working R5-471T

CHUGCOFFEE
CHUGCOFFEE Member Posts: 2 New User
edited August 2023 in 2019 Archives
Hi there,
I have been having issues the past couple days with my Acer Aspire R5-471T. All of the sudden after I suppose a certain update a couple days ago(That would be the only thing I could think of that could have happened since it was within a span of a day) my Bluetooth does not exist on my computer nor does my touchscreen and my USB drives aren't working. I believe this is either a driver issue or a hardware issue. For my touchscreen and Bluetooth the drivers in device manager have completely disappeared(even when installing from Acer website) however my USB driver is giving me a code 10 error for USB xHCI Compliant Host Controller. 
What I have tried to fix these problems with no luck:
-Rolling back on the updates
-Updating drivers using windows update and driverbooster
-windows troubleshooters
-re-install of windows 10(although not a full re-install where it wipes the data as I do not have my data backed up and can't back it up now because usb's don't work)
-getting new releases of windows 10 updates through windows insider program(in case there was a fix during it)
-Tried to install new versions of BIOS as a last resort as I am on version 1.12. However the bios updates for 1.13 and 1.14 don't execute, i grant administration permission, the mouse has a loading wheel but then nothing. 

I read one other post about this where someone was having the exact same problem as me and one answer there was to re-install bios 1.12 or earlier but I am not exactly sure how to do that and the instructions were there but I suppose they confused me a bit. 
I appreciate anyone reading this and providing any answers.
Thanks! 

Answers

• CHUGCOFFEE
    CHUGCOFFEE Member Posts: 2 New User
    I also forgot to mention that my laptop will not wake from sleep when closing the lid. I have to do a hard reboot if it ever does go to sleep.