Hate to say this but never buy this laptop again

Saimahu
Saimahu Member Posts: 1 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
I'm very disappointed with my laptop, it's just 1 month when i bought this laptop and it feels lag i just open only chrome,steam but the disk take 100%. I read some topics here in community and they said you need to update the BIOS and i just did but it feel the same, i also update the AMD Radeon 19.2 but still no improvement at all. Opening dota2 takes a lot of time and sometimes opening something for example i just open the task manager and it always not responding and need to wait atleast a minute or 2. Its frustrating because i bought this laptop in order to upgrade but this is what i get. This is the specs of my laptop

Nitro AN515-42
win 10 home single language 64 bit
-AMD radeon vega8/Radeon Rx560
8gb ram

This is my task manager when you open it and it really frustrate me. I did all the updates need for this laptop but still no improvement.

Answers

• ven98
    ven98 ACE Posts: 4,073 Pathfinder
    Look, the anti-virus software(Norton) constantly is using the HDD and it is the reason for the high disk usage overall. I suggest you delete, as Windows Defender(the built in antivirus program in windows) is good enough and 3rd party antivirus is not required.
    Always post the following characterisitcs of the device:
    -Model number
    -Part number(not required, but helpful)
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

• tobimaru
    tobimaru Member Posts: 315 Skilled Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Yes, your operating system is unfortunately in need of some optimization! Also, given the amount of programs you have running simultaneously I'd wager you may benefit from another 8GB DDR4. The main problem, as @ven98 mentioned, is the system hog Norton and the fact you don't need an additional antivirus on top of Windows Defender.

I'd uninstall any programs you aren't regularly using and especially any that run services or tasks in the background.
  • Brijac
    Brijac Member Posts: 3 New User
    You are judging your notebook by loads of bloatware running on your pc hogging resources... Optimize system, remove bloat, and enjoy. 
  • Woofah
    Woofah Member Posts: 26 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
    Didn't one of the bios updates fix the hard drive usage problem?
  • andylb
    andylb ACE Posts: 3,827 Pathfinder
    i have the same model and its lightning fast

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    Thank you and have a blessed day  B)

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• vkk
    vkk Member Posts: 82 Fixer WiFi Icon
    edited March 2019
    Add an SSD and 8 GB RAM and it will fly 
  • CMOSSUK
    CMOSSUK Member Posts: 27 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
    Hi try to load into safe mode, this will load minimum basic drivers and then report back on how the laptop performs, but as others have suggested delete tge anti virus and see how it responds.