Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

Acer collection software

David_CooperDavid_Cooper Posts: 1Member New User
Have I harmed my new computer in any way by disinstalling Acer Collection software? I found that it was chatting away to a distant server continually and had used up nearly two and a half gigabytes of data in only ten days (which is totally unsustainable). I tried disabling the two processes that were causing the problem, but they turned themselves back on, and because I could find no other way to stop the costly data usage, I had to disinstall the Acer software (two entries in the add-or-remove programs list). I had set the machine to metered wifi access to avoid this kind of thing happening, and Windows 10 and Norton both respected that, but Acer Collection did not. I can't imagine what that 2.4GB of transferred data was, or how Acer can afford to run servers to waste their time collecting it, so it completely took me by surprise that this was happening at all. (I've now had to disable images in my browser in the hope that I can get through the next 20 days on what's left of my data allowance.)

Comments