How do I enter BIOS when F2 and Del are not functioning?

EdGPunz
EdGPunz Member Posts: 2 New User
edited August 2023 in 2019 Archives
I recently replaced my hd after the old hd can no longer be recognized by the system. After booting the system with the new hd with pre-installed Windows, the system replied with "Operating System not found". Before replacing the hd, the system displayed "Preparing Automatic Repair". I cannot enter the BIOS using either F2 or Del (or F1 or Ctrl+Alt+Del).

Answers

• rebit
    rebit Member Posts: 37 Devotee WiFi Icon
    You cannot preinstall Windows on a hard drive to fit into another machine. Not at the end user level.

Create a bootable USB flash drive with the Media Creation Tool. Use this device to load Windows onto the hard drive.
  • EdGPunz
    EdGPunz Member Posts: 2 New User
    Thank you for your quick response, rebit! But my problem is how can I install Windows from a bootable USB flash drive if can't access the BIOS to set the BIOS to boot form the flash drive?
  • HelpMe35
    HelpMe35 Member Posts: 11

Tinkerer

haha this site really does have ***** support, i give the guy the answer and this ***** deletes the answer!!!! SORRY EDGpunz ... dont buy acer
  • HelpMe35
    HelpMe35 Member Posts: 11

Tinkerer

rebit you are a joke. this sites a joke. 
  • Kubas789
    Kubas789 Member Posts: 15 Troubleshooter
    edited February 2019
    Make sure that laptop is off.
    Then press and hold F2 key and press power on button. Then You'll see acer logo flash and BIOS setup screen.