Wifi card compatible with e1-571g model

Mark1124
Mark1124 Member Posts: 7

Tinkerer

edited October 2023 in 2020 Archives
Im looking for an upgrade from my old atheros ar5b125 came with the laptop that only has wifi compatible so i need new card with dual band wifi and bluetooth that would be perfect or a single band card with bluetooth is good too, any idea ? 

Answers

• rebit
    rebit Member Posts: 37 Devotee WiFi Icon
    edited February 2019
  • Mark1124

Tinkerer

rebit said:
    Do you have the same laptop model as mine ? 
  • rebit
    rebit Member Posts: 37 Devotee WiFi Icon
    edited February 2019
    Yes (E5-571 they both take NGFF cards). I changed for the same reason.
  • Mark1124

Tinkerer

rebit said:
    Yes (E5-571 they both take NGFF cards). I changed for the same reason.
    Thank you so much , can i ask for 1 more favor? That do you have a list of all compatible wifi cards for this laptop model ? cuz im still looking 5ghz band wifi card also :D
  • ukku
    ukku Member Posts: 4 New User
    Sorry to resurrect an old thread but in case anyone makes the same mistake I did, this info is incorrect: the e1-571 does not have an NGFF slot, it's a mini-pcie slot, so requires the -HMW suffix.
  • Mark1124

Tinkerer

ukku said:
    Sorry to resurrect an old thread but in case anyone makes the same mistake I did, this info is incorrect: the e1-571 does not have an NGFF slot, it's a mini-pcie slot, so requires the -HMW suffix. 
    Omg, it is a year and a half and i still not solve the problem with my bluetooth connection, pls can you tell me more about the fix
  • StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,448 Trailblazer
    edited August 2020
    Mark1124 said:
    ukku said:
    Omg, it is a year and a half and i still not solve the problem with my bluetooth connection, pls can you tell me more about the fix
    The Intel Centrino Advanced-N 6230 WLAN module 670691-001 Mini PCIe card TX/RX Streams2x2, Bands2.4 GHz/5 Ghz, Max Speed300 Mbps, Wi-Fi CERTIFIED*802.11a/g/n, Compliance PCI, CISP, FIPS, FISMA, Integrated Bluetooth is compatible with the Qualcomm Atheros AR5B125 and will work with the Aspire E1-571G model and your Bluetooth will work if you install these drivers whcih are the latest Win-10 drvers from here, 
  • Mark1124

Tinkerer

StevenGen said:
    Mark1124 said:
    ukku said:
    The Intel Centrino Advanced-N 6230 WLAN module 670691-001 Mini PCIe card TX/RX Streams2x2, Bands2.4 GHz/5 Ghz, Max Speed300 Mbps, Wi-Fi CERTIFIED*802.11a/g/n, Compliance PCI, CISP, FIPS, FISMA, Integrated Bluetooth is compatible with the Qualcomm Atheros AR5B125 and will work with the Aspire E1-571G model and your Bluetooth will work if you install these drivers whcih are the latest Win-10 drvers from here, 
    Thanks for your help, just want to be sure is this picture of the right model ?