Need help setting up Phoenix BIOS recovery USB using Wincris

RCFProd
RCFProd Member Posts: 2 New User
edited August 2023 in 2019 Archives
For the following model: Acer Aspire V3-371 (Or V13 series) with an i3-5005U CPU. 

1) I have a FAT-formatted USB flash drive (4GB)
2) I have the .FD file extracted from my laptop's latest BIOS update.
3) I have set Wincris to XP Service Pack 3 compability mode.

Now, to make Wincris work, do I copy my .FD file into the Wincris root directory and re-name that to ''BIOS.WPH''? And once Wincris is done, with the 3 files now present in my USB Drive, do I leave the name at ''BIOS.WPH'' and I assume I don't have to change it back to the original filename with the .FD extension? 

Now I'm only assuming that my laptop uses Phoenix Bios, as I can't really find out which one it really uses. I have a black screen of death problem and no hardware solution has proved effective, even replaced the CMOS battery I think this is my last hope, to somehow trigger the BIOS recovery process. 

I assume this can be done with FN-ESC, FN-B, Win-B key combinations or are there any other ones? Thanks in advance. 

Answers

• rebit
    rebit Member Posts: 37 Devotee WiFi Icon
    No, it's an InsydeH20 UEFI BIOS image so Phoenix Flash utilities will not work.
  • RCFProd
    RCFProd Member Posts: 2 New User
    rebit said:
    No, it's an InsydeH20 UEFI BIOS image so Phoenix Flash utilities will not work.
    Ah okay, if so what are my options? Is there another USB flash drive trick I could attempt for recovering the InsydeH20 UEFI BIOS?