Where can I find the OEM software for my Acer XC-704G-UW61 desktop

cincitirob
cincitirob Member Posts: 2 New User
edited March 1 in 2019 Archives
My desktop has become quite slow and I would like to reload the original windows software but can't seem to find it on the pc itself like most makers do these days. It is a XC-704G-UW61. Any help is appreciated

Best Answer

• cincitirob
    Answer ✓
    Well it just sounds like it is time for a new computer but I appreciate the information

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,905 Trailblazer
    If you didn't create it initially then you would have to buy it from the Acer store. It's going to take you back to Windows 8.1 though. The upgrade from 8.1 to 10 wiped out the original image. Better would be to do a system backup, create a Windows recovery disk, download an ISO image from Microsoft and the drivers from Acer and then do a wipe and restore. It's important to have all those initial steps in ahead of time since you will need them all handy before starting the process. So, a USB drive for the backup, a flash drive for the recovery disc, another for the boot install image, a third for the drivers
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • cincitirob
    Answer ✓
    Well it just sounds like it is time for a new computer but I appreciate the information