I'm looking for an old Intel graphics driver for my ES1-111M-C7DE

KB_Tidwell
KB_Tidwell Member Posts: 2 New User
edited March 18 in 2019 Archives
Hi all, first post, fifth Acer product.

The laptop I mentioned above is one I bought two or three years ago to replace an Acer C710 Chromebook. It came with Windows 10 installed, and it has Intel HD graphics, though I can't seem to find the specific designation of the graphics chip. My problem is with an old Star Trek game from 2000. After a long time I've finally gotten it playable on my homebuilt desktop and on my Acer E15-E5-575D, but it won't play on this laptop.

The desktop and E15 both have Nvidia graphics (an older GTX950 in the desktop and the GT940MX in the laptop), and using those graphics I can see the game. But the E11 only has the Intel chipset, and it will only show a black screen whilst the game is running. I can hear the music, sounds, etc, but no video. I switched graphics modes on my E15 with the 940MX to its Intel chipset and the game won't show there either, so I know it's probably that the current Intel drivers have dropped support for that old of a game.

So, I'd like to find an old driver for the E11 and see if I can get the game working. Alternatively, if anyone has had luck running old games circa 2000 on the new Intel driver, please let me know how.

Thank you for reading!