Acer Predator Helios 500 Keyboard, doesn't support multple key press?

okros19
okros19 Member Posts: 6 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
Hi Everyone!

I've just got my brand new Helios 500 laptop and I had two days so far to test and see how it works. So far I had some trouble to get used to it - I came from an Asus G751 - some parts but overall I love it. But there is something what bothers me very much and so far, I haven't found any info about this: My problem is when I try to press multiple key buttons ony the keyboard, it seems it can't perceive/detect more than two key at the same time. 

I had a chance to test it out on this site, to make sure that the problem is legit. BUT! It looks like that the WASD keyboards are works fine! So how did I noticed this? Well, There are some games, like CS GO what I usually don't play on WASD but on TFGH combination! I know, I know... it's something what stucked on me from the past but the main thing, is the keyboard were designed like this? It can't be "changed" or "unlocked"? If it works like that, well it means I have to use the WASD from now on, but I'm really interested in this! 

Thank you for your answer!

Answers

• sri369
    sri369 ACE Posts: 2,747 Pathfinder
    okros19 said:
    My problem is when I try to press multiple key buttons ony the keyboard, it seems it can't perceive/detect more than two key at the same time. 

There are some games, like CS GO what I usually don't play on WASD but on TFGH combination! I know, I know... it's something what stucked on me from the past but the main thing, is the keyboard were designed like this? It can't be "changed" or "unlocked"?
    1. Are you using any key board software that might possibly be limiting this functionality for you? I am on G3-572 and multi key press at the same time works fine.
    2. Isn't this something that can be changed under key mappings from within the game.
    -----
    Karma...
    LIKE - if helpful
    ACCEPT - if helped resolve
  • okros19
    1, It can be possible, that is why I ask. I had a clean install and I didn't add anything realted to that. So if there is a limitation it must be something from Acer itself. 
    2, No since, the problem is consist even in regular use. I don't need to play a game to have this limitation!
  • ven98
    ven98 ACE Posts: 4,073 Pathfinder
    Only the WASD and arrow keys work when pressed simultaneously. For the other keys, I think it can register 2 or 3 pressed at a time. It isn't an issue with your device, this is just how the keyboard of this device is wired. My best advice is to play with the WASD, because with TFGH you will have problems, when you try to jump, crouch or walk, while moving.
    Always post the following characterisitcs of the device:
    -Model number
    -Part number(not required, but helpful)
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

• okros19
    ven98 said:
    Only the WASD and arrow keys work when pressed simultaneously. For the other keys, I think it can register 2 or 3 pressed at a time. It isn't an issue with your device, this is just how the keyboard of this device is wired. My best advice is to play with the WASD, because with TFGH you will have problems, when you try to jump, crouch or walk, while moving.
    Just as I thought! Thank you for the info! ;)