Games at fullscreen capped at 60 fps (HELP!!)

Tim10
Tim10 Member Posts: 27 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
So I just recently got a new ViewSonic XG2402 for my helios 300. I connected to the screen with HDMI and it works for the most part but whenever I open up a game at fullscreen it automatically caps itself at 60 fps but if it's set to window or borderless then it'll go up to about 150+. I've tried setting in game max fps to 300 and unchecking V-sync in both NVIDIA control panel and the games but nothing works

Thanks

Answers

• sri369
    sri369 ACE Posts: 2,747 Pathfinder
    edited February 2019
    Tim10 said:
    So I just recently got a new ViewSonic XG2402 for my helios 300. I connected to the screen with HDMI and it works for the most part but whenever I open up a game at fullscreen it automatically caps itself at 60 fps but if it's set to window or borderless then it'll go up to about 150+. I've tried setting in game max fps to 300 and unchecking V-sync in both NVIDIA control panel and the games but nothing works

Thanks
    This seems to be more of a graphics driver problem. Try uninstalling all existing software components of your graphics card (complete removal, not partial - driver, experience, physx... everything!), restart, and install an older version.

Also, since you mentioned you connected an external monitor, render display on external monitor only (turning off laptop display) and give it a try.
    -----
    Karma...
    LIKE - if helpful
    ACCEPT - if helped resolve