help with warranty and hard drive replacement

Options
majsk
majsk Member Posts: 2 New User
edited August 2023 in 2019 Archives
hi i have a acer aspire 5 a515-52g-544t with a plastic back plate with no  openings for easy ram or hard drive replacement, does the waranty cancel if open the whole back plate to replace the hard drive and what type, dimensions and connector must the hard drive have?

Rezultat iskanja slik za acer aspire 5 a515-52g-544t

Best Answer

• MaClane
    MaClane ACE Posts: 35,598 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Good afternoon majsk !

You do not lose warranty to open the device for upgrade, contact in the process does not damage any part or component and does not remove any tags.

In any case, confirm in the support:
    https://www.acer.com/ac/en/GB/content/service-contact

Se minha resposta foi útil, deixe um Curtir, marque como Solucionado e clique em Promover!
    Caso contrario, fico a disposição para tentarmos sanar suas duvidas e resolver seus problemas!
    Atenciosamente:  J. MaClane™

If my answer was helpful, leave a Like, flag as Fixed and click Promote!
    Otherwise, I am willing to try to heal your doubts and solve your problems!
    Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

For users of the English, Spanish, French and German Community, I will be using Google Translate!

Answers

• MaClane
    MaClane ACE Posts: 35,598 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Good afternoon majsk !

You do not lose warranty to open the device for upgrade, contact in the process does not damage any part or component and does not remove any tags.

In any case, confirm in the support:
    https://www.acer.com/ac/en/GB/content/service-contact

Se minha resposta foi útil, deixe um Curtir, marque como Solucionado e clique em Promover!
    Caso contrario, fico a disposição para tentarmos sanar suas duvidas e resolver seus problemas!
    Atenciosamente:  J. MaClane™

If my answer was helpful, leave a Like, flag as Fixed and click Promote!
    Otherwise, I am willing to try to heal your doubts and solve your problems!
    Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

For users of the English, Spanish, French and German Community, I will be using Google Translate!