Acer Aspire ES1-572-31XL not booting up with black screen

NoahBradford
NoahBradford Member Posts: 7 New User
edited August 2023 in 2019 Archives
When I turn on my laptop (Acer Aspire ES1-572-31XL) I hear the fans running, hard drive starting, and I see the LED light come on, but I have a completely black screen. When I press F2 or F8 to go into BIOS it doesn't work and I don't see the Acer logo later in it's just always a blank screen.

please help.

Answers

• ven98
    ven98 ACE Posts: 4,073 Pathfinder
    Try resetting the battery:

https://us.answers.acer.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/34843/~/acer-internal-battery-reset

If that doesn't help you can try connecting the laptop an external monitor to check whether it is an internal display problem. You can also try re-connecting the RAM and cleaning the contacts after removing it.
    Always post the following characterisitcs of the device:
    -Model number
    -Part number(not required, but helpful)
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

• NoahBradford
    I did reset the battery by putting the paperclip in the hole and following the rest of the instructions but it didn't work.

I tried connecting my RCA monitor to my laptop using a HDMI cord but that didn't work either.

• ven98
    As it didn't help, then the issue is very likely to be in the motherboard. 
    -Model number
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

• NoahBradford
    Is there anything I can do?
  • ven98
    Except taking to the service centre, I don't see anything else that can be done.
    -Model number
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

• NoahBradford
    I updated my BIOS recently could that have anything to do with the motherboard?
  • ven98
    If the laptop worked after the BIOS update, then the BIOS is not the reason for this issue. As you mentioned BIOS, you can try opening the device, make sure the battery is disconnected and then remove the CMOS battery. Wait for a few minutes and then put the CMOS battery back. This resets the BIOS settings.

-Model number
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system