Acer ES1-732 Network(ACER ES1-732)

TerrySmythe
TerrySmythe Member Posts: 5 New User
edited August 2023 in 2019 Archives
Haven't used my ACER ES1-732 for several months.   Just woke it up, (Win10 Home) and find I have no internet.    Wireless wakes up and can see my router.    Wireless connects to my router, tells me I'm connected to the internet, but in fact. no internet.    I connect my LAN cable, and my system reports that I am connected to the internet, but in fact I'm not connected to the internet.     I've downloaded and installed all the drivers associated with this computer, found via my SNID.       When last used, internet access was normal, now a few months later of silence, I would expect internet access to resume normally.

I'm on my backup Windows HP laptop right now, on same router, tryng to to get my ACER laptop back up and running.     I'm not a newbie, started with DOS in 1971.    What am I missing?    Thoughts of other?

Regards,

Terry

Comments

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,476 Trailblazer
    Open Control Panel. Search 'button'. Click 'change what the power buttons do' in the left pane. Click 'change settings that aren't currently available'. Scroll down the list and uncheck the box for fast startup to disable fast boot. Shut down. Then try it again. If still no joy, left click the wifi tray icon, click disconnect your router connection. Wait an few moments then try to reconnect. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• TerrySmythe
    Thankyou JackE, appreciated.    In all my years with DOS/Windows, this is a display I've never seen.   Unfortunately, nothing changed.       The router I am now working with is a new Cisco DPC3848 combined wireless modem/router, as a consequence of setting up a new account with my ISP (Shaw.ca).    Through it, I now have successfully wireless connected two iMac27, a MacBookPro, an old HP Windows 7 laptop, and a modest RCA 7" tablet.      My ACER ES1-732 stubbornly refuses to truly connect to the internet, notwithstanding that it falsely reports it is connected.    Airplane Mode is turned off.
  • JackE
    >>>notwithstanding that it falsely reports it is connected.>>>>

I assume that you mean it's connected to the router but just no internet access. If yes, have you tried right clicking the wifi tray icon and running the troubleshooter yet? Jack E/NJ 

Jack E/NJ

• TerrySmythe
    That is correct.    Both Ethernet and Wireless report connected with this new Cisco DPC3848.     Both report data in motion.   But no internet.      Yes alongside my ACER ES1-732 is my iMac27 connected normally with same router.      "Troubleshooting couldn't the problem."
  • JackE
    >>>The router I am now working with is a new Cisco DPC3848 combined wireless modem/router, as a consequence of setting up a new account with my ISP (Shaw.ca).>>>

What's Shaw got to say about this? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ