Was it the right Windows 10 I installed?

Options
Aimzz2928
Aimzz2928 Member Posts: 5 New User
edited March 18 in 2019 Archives
Back in 2017 I got a new Acer laptop. I really liked it and couldn’t wait to play games (it was a gaming laptop). 

In May 2018 (oddly specific I know, I like to remember dates), I installed Windows 10. The exact same day, around 2 hours after I installed Windows 10, I got a virus. I didn’t know what to do at the time so I left it a week to take it to Unicorn Computers.

During the week I started getting more viruses and it got to the point I got around 37 viruses.

Before I knew it, it started downloading random stuff. There was no (and still is) possible way of getting rid of the random files and the Dummy Pages 208 and 209 etc. 

Then it soon got hacked. 

I took it to Unicorn Computers and they said there was nothing to do about it- no possible way they knew of getting rid of the viruses, the files and the Dummy’s. 

Like I said, it started happening around 2 hours after I downloaded Windows 10. I’m not sure if I downloading the wrong Windows 10 or not. 

If someone has any theroies/suggestion please let me know. ☺️

~Aimzz2928~

Answers

• ven98
    ven98 ACE Posts: 4,073 Pathfinder
    Options
    What windows did you install and where you installed it from? Did you have nay viruses before installing the new windows?
    Always post the following characterisitcs of the device:
    -Model number
    -Part number(not required, but helpful)
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

• Aimzz2928
    Options
    I don’t think I had any viruses before that I know of and I installed Windows 10 from an advert that kept popping up on my screen. (***** adverts ;-;)
  • ven98
    Options
    Was it an advert that appeared on a webpage or pop-up from windows?
    -Model number
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

• Aimzz2928
    Options
    I think it was a pop-up from windows. 
  • ven98
    Options
    There is probably a reason why you got these viruses. Have you visited any malicious websites or download something that you think may have been infected with a virus?

You can try factory resetting windows and choose 'remove the files and clean the drive'.
    -Model number
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

• Aimzz2928
    Options
    That’s one of the problems, it won’t let me do a factory reset for Windows and the only sites I’ve ever been on is Fandom (gotta search up dem characters), Wikipedia, Google Mail, Google Drive and memes (I’m sure you can understand da memes :3). Not to mention ROBLOX (sister problems 😪).
  • Aimzz2928
    Options
    Also I never really got to downloading anything except League Of Legends. 
  • ven98
    Options
    I then suggest to re-install windows. Go to the website below and download windows10.iso on a healthy device:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/software-download/windows10ISO

Then follow the instructions here:

https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/542349/my-aspire-v5-431-is-not-going-beyond-acer-logo-after-starting-it#latest

Make sure you format(don't select quick format) the drive before installing windows.
    -Model number
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system