PH315-51 (2018) Battery drain+FPS drop.

Hariku
Hariku Member Posts: 4 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
 So, When the laptop draws more than the power adapter can handle the battery will drain. Now, with my problem I got massive FPS drop and battery went discharging. Tried driver uninstall+battery reset.

Answers

• MaClane
    MaClane ACE Posts: 35,598 Trailblazer
    Good Morning Hariku !

There are several reports that it is necessary to charge the battery at 100% before playing.
    Is your battery charging normally?

Se minha resposta foi útil, deixe um Curtir, marque como Solucionado e clique em Promover!
    Caso contrario, fico a disposição para tentarmos sanar suas duvidas e resolver seus problemas!
    Atenciosamente:  J. MaClane™

If my answer was helpful, leave a Like, flag as Fixed and click Promote!
    Otherwise, I am willing to try to heal your doubts and solve your problems!
    Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

For users of the English, Spanish, French and German Community, I will be using Google Translate!

• Hariku
    MaClane said:
    Good Morning Hariku !

There are several reports that it is necessary to charge the battery at 100% before playing.
    Is your battery charging normally?

Yes, It charge normally and it's 100% charged.
  • Cicatrix
    Cicatrix Member Posts: 3 New User
    Same issue with the 1 week old laptop PH317-52. Battery starts to drain and occasional FPS drops under heavy use when it is plugged in. This is ridiculous when you thing it is sold as a "gaming laptop". Any solutions to this issue is very welcomed. This is my first Acer, i was always sceptical to Acers. I dont want to be right because of this very basic problems.

• Hariku
    I temporary fix it by draining the to 0% and recharge it back to 100%. I've done this twice now and eventually the problem will come back. 
  • MaClane
    MaClane ACE Posts: 35,598 Trailblazer
    This process is performed by calibrating the cells.
    A process recommended in several cases.
    Monitor your device and confirm here if there was a definitive solution.

Se minha resposta foi útil, deixe um Curtir, marque como Solucionado e clique em Promover!
    Caso contrario, fico a disposição para tentarmos sanar suas duvidas e resolver seus problemas!
    Atenciosamente:  J. MaClane™

If my answer was helpful, leave a Like, flag as Fixed and click Promote!
    Otherwise, I am willing to try to heal your doubts and solve your problems!
    Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

For users of the English, Spanish, French and German Community, I will be using Google Translate!