Disabling g-sync

Wilson764
Wilson764 Member Posts: 1 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
Triton 500 catches my eyes as it's almost checked all my needs except one g-sync, it's pretty much kill the laptop battery life and I'm already used to screen tearing mostly won't need them. So is there any option to switch to optimus like lenovo newest legion y series through BIOS settings?

Answers

• MaClane
    MaClane ACE Posts: 35,598 Trailblazer
    Good night Wilson764 !

Firstly, I suggest that you do not use the equipment only on the gaming battery.
    The mobile device architecture only achieves maximum performance (both processor and video) when connected to an external power source.
    Therefore, the useful life of your battery would be preserved for other activities.

Gsync is a 2-way agreement; Monitor and Driver.
    The monitor will always opt to use gsync if available in its hardware. So it comes down to the driver at the user level to decide to use gsync or not. In a fresh driver installation, gsync is enabled by default. You can opt to turn it off within nvidia's drivers.

Se minha resposta foi útil, deixe um Curtir, marque como Solucionado e clique em Promover!
    Caso contrario, fico a disposição para tentarmos sanar suas duvidas e resolver seus problemas!
    Atenciosamente:  J. MaClane™

If my answer was helpful, leave a Like, flag as Fixed and click Promote!
    Otherwise, I am willing to try to heal your doubts and solve your problems!
    Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

For users of the English, Spanish, French and German Community, I will be using Google Translate!

• ven98
    ven98 ACE Posts: 4,073 Pathfinder
    From the reviews that I have read about Triton 500 they don't mention there is an option to enable nvidia optimus from the BIOS.
    Always post the following characterisitcs of the device:
    -Model number
    -Part number(not required, but helpful)
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!