I have an Acer E5-576G-58RV. What kind of ssd can I install here without removing the dvd writer?

A_H
A_H Member Posts: 2 New User
edited August 2023 in 2019 Archives

Best Answers

• Joben
    Joben Member Posts: 21 Networker
    Answer ✓
    If there is a m2 slot then go for it. I recently got m2 ssd for OS and its definetely a must in 2019. Your HDD will be storage for games, pictures, videos and others.
  • Joben
    Answer ✓
    It doesn't matter if its m2 SATAIII or the new NVME, in papers of course the new type is faster, but in real world experience, you hardly tell the difference unless you daily transfer at least 100GB files everyday which is not very realistic.

Answers

• Joben
    Answer ✓
    If there is a m2 slot then go for it. I recently got m2 ssd for OS and its definetely a must in 2019. Your HDD will be storage for games, pictures, videos and others.
  • Joben
    Answer ✓
    It doesn't matter if its m2 SATAIII or the new NVME, in papers of course the new type is faster, but in real world experience, you hardly tell the difference unless you daily transfer at least 100GB files everyday which is not very realistic.
  • A_H
    A_H Member Posts: 2 New User
    Joben said:
    Very much appreciated, but can I know what is the compatible slot of this particular PC (i.e NVMe, m.2, etc)? I need to know it because me mum told me to record my financial expenditure.
  • Joben
    If you have m2 slot and your in a budget then go for the cheaper like m2 sata III .  a) if your not heavy storage user, 2.5" SSD 500gb will be your choice b) if you like storage and I bet your storage now is 1TB or 2TB and you dont want to not use them, then a combination of 256gb ssd + 1TB hdd is a must. And that is a m2 ssd.