Stylus pen for UTP220HQL

Options
PLAT
PLAT Member Posts: 2 New User
edited February 16 in 2019 Archives
what kind of stylus pen for the acer UT220HQL (UM.WW0AA.004) ? active / passive / Acer / Microsoft / ?

Best Answers

• Rudy21
    Rudy21 ACE Posts: 1,789 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    Options
    PLAT said:
    what kind of stylus pen for the acer UT220HQL (UM.WW0AA.004) ? active / passive / Acer / Microsoft / ?
    Sorry as per the link here your device does not support stylus. 
    Click on 'Yes' to accept my comment as answer
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options
    The specs on the touchscreen are pretty sparse. Obviously since it is a touch screen it will work with any stylus that acts like a finger, so any of those with the soft, fat rubber tip. Since the aren't blurbing the digitizer it's unlikely to have a Waccom or similar, so those types of styluses will not work. That leaves the powered active styluses that use a small active tip or one that uses the transparent wider tip. I'm afraid it's likely going to be hit and miss with those, so unless you can 'try before buy' or find a friend who will let you test it's probably better to use the rubber tipped type. Be aware also that it's a multi touch monitor and a stylus will only act as one touch, so two, three or more finger gestures may be problematic.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Answers

• Rudy21
    Rudy21 ACE Posts: 1,789 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    Options
    PLAT said:
    Sorry as per the link here your device does not support stylus. 
    Click on 'Yes' to accept my comment as answer
  • billsey
    Answer ✓
    Options
    The specs on the touchscreen are pretty sparse. Obviously since it is a touch screen it will work with any stylus that acts like a finger, so any of those with the soft, fat rubber tip. Since the aren't blurbing the digitizer it's unlikely to have a Waccom or similar, so those types of styluses will not work. That leaves the powered active styluses that use a small active tip or one that uses the transparent wider tip. I'm afraid it's likely going to be hit and miss with those, so unless you can 'try before buy' or find a friend who will let you test it's probably better to use the rubber tipped type. Be aware also that it's a multi touch monitor and a stylus will only act as one touch, so two, three or more finger gestures may be problematic.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • PLAT
    PLAT Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    Thank you!!!
    I purchased the: MEKO [2nd Gen] Universal Disc Stylus Pen and it works great.. 

You are ever so kind! Thanks again!
    '
  • billsey
    Options
    Great! It's nice to know that one works.